Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Failed my driving test... Again :(

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty

Angry

Yesterday morning I went out for my second driving test (it's cool, hardly any pass their first test). I know I was ready, and had a literally perfect test, until I reached a roundabout where there was a long traffic jam, no probs. Was my turn to cross the roundabout, when during me crossing it, the tester told me to drive faster, and he used the accelerator. Now, just as he was doing this, I had the clutch down ready to go into second gear, therefor he didn't actually do anything with the car, and life went on...
    Later on that day my instructor told me I failed, and the tester wrote he accelerated and "saved" us from an accident, which as I explained just before ,is total bullshit.

Anyhow, I wouldn't even mind doing 50 tests, but thing is, here every driving lesson costs around 13 quid, and the test costs about 50 quid.
    I feel like a leech taking the money from my parents who keep telling me not to worry about the money, but it's ruined my whole weekend, thinking I'm screwing my parents off with money that some bitches in the government want from innocent driving students.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    sorry about tha man . I failed my first and was devastated. But you'll forget about it when you pass.

BTW, what is Israeli currency? I know "quid" is British slang for pound and Irish slang for Euro.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Shekel... 1 British Pound ("quid") is roughly 8.1 Shekels...

And yeah I know it won't matter once I get the license, but till then it's pretty annoying

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    ... I feel like a leech taking the money from my parents...
    I suggest you go get a job. Driving can be expensive. Especially if you get into accidents.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    basic rule of driving = go with the flow.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    basic rule of driving = go with the flow.
    if you were around here, you would be doing 80MPH, keeping up with all the stolen cars and the police chases

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    @VB: That is exactly what I'm planning to do this summer.. God when I got the message I failed I was so damn gutted.. made me feel like a little drop in the sea of people that are failed this way

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    SaveFerris's Avatar ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
    If what you said is exactly true and you left nothing out then is there no way you can appeal that? It's quite silly if it's true.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    @VB: That is exactly what I'm planning to do this summer.. God when I got the message I failed I was so damn gutted.. made me feel like a little drop in the sea of people that are failed this way
    No worries dude, happened to me as well. I felt so downcast when I found out I failed, not so much depressed but really annoyed like I could have made it. In the end I got my license and you will too.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    woot i finally know what a quid is.. they always reference it in my sherlock holmes dvds.. and i've googled it to no avail.

ps.. i turned off my ignition before putting it into park and i still passed on my first try!
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast