Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is speed important for most trackers?

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    "I got my first 10G upload @ oink in about 3days with 60-70KB up conection before I got my VPS"

You either got damn lucky or downloaded a grip of stuff.
    not

just download first ,keep seeding with about 80 torrents

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    Speed is very important in my opinion, i hate downloading torrents at low speeds, when im on a tracker like bitsoup and getting 60 kb/s it pisses me off, id rather be on ScT and down at my max home speed of 800 kb/s
    Me too

U couldn't get fast speed @oink bitme for most torrents.
    Last edited by feelnight; 10-06-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sokratis87's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i believe good speed it's very important, but it's not a disaster if you don't have it, i have low upload speed but i can still keep good ratio at good trackers like oink or sct.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    if you can decide between a slow connection and a fast connection? what would you take?

is your answer: "i don't care!" ??????

probably not.

so ask again:

is speed important?

of course it is. the faster the better!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ROFL-LOL's Avatar I Like You BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well that depends. If speed is great and content sucks, you don't do anything with the tracker. But if content is great and speed sucks, the tracker is usefula. If speed and conten are really good, the tracker is great.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFL-LOL View Post
    Well that depends. If speed is great and content sucks, you don't do anything with the tracker. But if content is great and speed sucks, the tracker is usefula. If speed and conten are really good, the tracker is great.
    dude, we're talking here about personal dsl speed. not tracker speed.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well If its tracker speed then its important only till some extent..

For e.g i always max out on all of my torrents..except Demonoid..

Be it TL/Revtt/ScT... My speeds are always same...

So for me at the moment ScT and TL are same...

Because i dont care about Rarity and Contents appearing few minutes late doesnt matter anything..
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Do you mean does your speed decide what tracker you should be in? or
    Do members of a tracker really care about speeds given by the tracker's peers?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I'd say no. And I also think its unfair how people will judge based on speed. Theres always a way to keep a good ratio. Now as far as sites, if your speed sucks, you probably wont like SCC as much as say TL because they get a lot of the same content and SCC would be so much harder to keep a good ratio. However on a site that you can't compare to another tracker, you fin ways to seed, whether its partial seeding or getting torrents from other trackers to seed. If there's a will there's a way, you just gotta be a little careful about it.

On another note: I don't care about speed but I ask for speedtests just so I can compare them with ratio proofs... it's very obvious when they're mismatched and someone is trying to cheat you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I'd say no. And I also think its unfair how people will judge based on speed.
    it's very obvious when they're mismatched and someone is trying to cheat you.
    me too

thank u for your reply

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by feelnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I'd say no. And I also think its unfair how people will judge based on speed.
    it's very obvious when they're mismatched and someone is trying to cheat you.
    me too

thank u for your reply
    me too.. actually, so far.. I am surviving sct with my slow conn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast