View Poll Results: What browser do you use?

Voters
302. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer 6

6 1.99%
  • Internet Explorer 7

32 10.60%
  • Firefox

234 77.48%
  • Opera

36 11.92%
  • Netscape

1 0.33%
  • Safari

12 3.97%
  • Other (specify)

10 3.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: What browser do you use?

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Firefox here and made me think only a few years ago our choices were IE or Netscape . I loved Netscape 3 and 4 but after that went to Mozilla and just stayed with it . That was the start of the browser wars and I have the scars to prove it .

I still remember the default settings of IE (Win 95 ) and the trouble it caused, even my DOS head friends where going you pressed what Peat ? .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    yea Netscape was the bomb but Firefox is like my new best friend

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    yea Netscape was the bomb but Firefox is like my new best friend
    I don't think its just the add ons and speed tweaks that converted me ,It was better security out of the box and the fact you could get nightly builds if you had a problem . The security updates on the fly is nice too not like Windows "Tuesdays" .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I Use Internet Explorer

Firefox

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    I used to use Netscape on Windows 3.1 (well, before that I used some DOS program, I think it was a gopher client, but I never could find much of anything; this was back when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old). When I switched to Windows 98 I switched to Internet Explorer. It was surprising how much faster it seemed to be than Netscape. For a while I used Firefox (when it was called Firebird) as a secondary browser until I finally switched for good. I've also used Opera some; it was my main browser on my laptop while I only had 512 MB of RAM (and secondary browser on my desktop for a while). If it weren't for all the amazing extensions for Firefox, I'd probably use Opera, but I suppose that's also one reason Firefox gobbles up so much memory.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    Firefox 99.9%
    IE .01%
    what do you use for the other .09% of the time?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by zero64 View Post
    I used to use Netscape on Windows 3.1 (well, before that I used some DOS program, I think it was a gopher client, but I never could find much of anything; this was back when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old).

When I switched to Windows 98 I switched to Internet Explorer. It was surprising how much faster it seemed to be than Netscape. For a while I used Firefox (when it was called Firebird) as a secondary browser until I finally switched for good.

I've also used Opera some; it was my main browser on my laptop while I only had 512 MB of RAM (and secondary browser on my desktop for a while).

If it weren't for all the amazing extensions for Firefox, I'd probably use Opera, but I suppose that's also one reason Firefox gobbles up so much memory.
    You know what ,I read the whole thing and understood most. It would make it easier for others on this forum tho if you used proper grammar . Not a biggy just a suggestion .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    I use firefox too. However, I have begun to use IE quite a lot lately ever since I found an addon for IE called IE7 Pro that gives me all the features that I get in Firefox through the various addons. But firefox is still set as my default browser.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    I am using Firefox.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    silvester's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I use Firefox and internet explorer 7

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast