Thread: Cd To Harddrive

i have saved lots of my films on Cds (As a Mpeg or Avi) because i was running out of space but now i got 120GB and i wanna save my films back to my hard drive. it would let me save my films on hard drive when i do copy and paste. process of copy and paste does start but it wouldnt complete the process, it stops at the end and then it stays there untill i restart my computer.

any there any software available to do these kind of jobs or its something wrong with my computer!!!!!!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by Makaveli-tha-don@9 July 2003 - 12:45
    i have saved lots of my films on Cds (As a Mpeg or Avi) because i was running out of space but now i got 120GB and i wanna save my films back to my hard drive. it would let me save my films on hard drive when i do copy and paste. process of copy and paste does start but it wouldnt complete the process, it stops at the end and then it stays there untill i restart my computer.

any there any software available to do these kind of jobs or its something wrong with my computer!!!!!!!!!
    i no its a prob wit music CD's, but vids shouldnt b a problem.........

u could prolly just try WMP though........ it works 4 CD's so i dun c y not 4 vids...........

gl!!
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    it didnt work any other suggestions

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    The files are probably read only. Check the file attributes by right clicking and selecting properties.

Or the files may be so big that it may take some hours before you start to see in results in the copy process.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    files arent read only and it shouldnt take hourse to copy and file, what i was trying to say was that process kind a gets stuck at the end and then and the only way i can cancel that if i restart my computer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    how fast is your computer? maybe somethings usein up all your RAM cause the copying process requires as much free RAM as possible.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Try doing several files at a time? I don't know why that would happen. I've always had no problem copying and pasting from cd to harddisk. But like shn said after they're on your harddrive right click the files and check off the read only attribute. Anything that goes onto a CD becomes read only, I think =D.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    how much physical ram? try buyin more.. otherwise it may be a virus that sucks it up.. or spyware.

Got:

Norton Antivirus 2003 pro?
    AdAware6 Pro?