Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xp Pro -> Corp

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    rite now i have Win XP Pro (dutch version) and want 2 upgrade 2 XP Pro Corp (English version), cause the first version isnt corp and i have 2 validate it and all that shit (y does MS make it so hard 2 steal their software, were gonna do it newayz ), but my question kinda is:

Is it hard 2 do, can i just install over it, say upgrade, or do i have 2 do a clean reinstall????
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    not sure, but it would probably mess up.

I recommend you Backup your important files and "Clean Install" XP Pro Corp.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    great............... ive been working on all the settings and stuff for bout 3 weeks 2 get everything workin rite........

is there ne way 2 back those settings up (users, settings/user (like how the desktop looks) and the likes???)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Storm@10 July 2003 - 17:53
    great............... ive been working on all the settings and stuff for bout 3 weeks 2 get everything workin rite........

is there ne way 2 back those settings up (users, settings/user (like how the desktop looks) and the likes???)
    hmm u could backup the registry..
    i think there's a program that can give u a "certain" program's registry settings backup only.. try searchin google about it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    There's a user state migration tool in one of the folders. Either in the old XP or in the Corp install. I believe you can copy it and run it on your existing system to copy all settings to a floppy or something.

Just search microsoft's knowledge base for "user state migration tool"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by balamm@11 July 2003 - 01:13
    There's a user state migration tool in one of the folders. Either in the old XP or in the Corp install. I believe you can copy it and run it on your existing system to copy all settings to a floppy or something.

Just search microsoft's knowledge base for "user state migration tool"
    where do i find this nolegde base?????

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    chalkmongoose
    What's the difference between pro and corporate?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ...I know there is a corporate pack where you can just copy the files in the archive over the files on the cd and burn a new copy. I don't know where to get it or if it will work for other languages

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose+16 July 2003 - 03:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalkmongoose &#064; 16 July 2003 - 03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What&#39;s the difference between pro and corporate?[/b]

Pro=Corp

but with Corp u dont need 2 register.......... its made 4 large companies and ppl who dont like payin an arm and a leg 2 use bad software...........

<!--QuoteBegin-Xilo
    @16 July 2003 - 04:00
    ...I know there is a corporate pack where you can just copy the files in the archive over the files on the cd and burn a new copy.&nbsp; I don&#39;t know where to get it or if it will work for other languages&nbsp; [/quote]
    but wun that mean i need corp installed allready?????

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Storm+16 July 2003 - 03:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Storm @ 16 July 2003 - 03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@16 July 2003 - 03:56
    What&#39;s the difference between pro and corporate?
    Pro=Corp

but with Corp u dont need 2 register.......... its made 4 large companies and ppl who dont like payin an arm and a leg 2 use bad software...........

<!--QuoteBegin-Xilo
    @16 July 2003 - 04:00
    ...I know there is a corporate pack where you can just copy the files in the archive over the files on the cd and burn a new copy. I don&#39;t know where to get it or if it will work for other languages
    but wun that mean i need corp installed allready????? [/b][/quote]
    Oh that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast