Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Idea

Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    6000 users download 100 gigs each a month comes out to 600,000 or 600TBs so how much would it cost to use that much bandwidth?

And then if you add in the cost of the seedboxs would that still come out under the $6000 price range?

If you go with unmetered 100mbit lines you would be able to get it under that figure. Cause if you think about at least some of the peers bw would be going throughout the swarms.

Figure even if you went with SL metered gigbit boxes. You could still get 120TBs transfer at gigbit speeds for that price.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    trackerspy BT Rep: +2
    I want non payers in a tracker

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    FDC servers have 100mb/s unmetered for under $200 a pop.
    20 of those servers can shift almost 650TB/month at maximum $4000.
    That price sounds stupidly low though. To buy 100mb/s dedicated bandwidth from them will cost a minimum of $1500/mo for the bandwidth alone ($30,000 total). Buying 2gb/s would probably be a lot cheaper.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I was thinking of started a comedy only tracker named loltorrents or laughbits or something cliche like that. Unfortunately, I know nothing about PHP coding.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    I was thinking of started a comedy only tracker named loltorrents or laughbits or something cliche like that. Unfortunately, I know nothing about PHP coding.
    Can I be a MOD called lolz?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    I totally agree an all comedy tracker is indeed in need.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    For the record, theatorrents was a pay 2 stay site, but it wasn't a success due to the activities of several people who took offense at his blaze attitude towards charging. They constantly hacked his site/s until he finally gave up.

I find it repulsive that some people actually want to profit from this game. The fact that we are dealing with questionable material (copyright infringing) is dangerous in itself. The fact that a few want to treat a torrent community as a business is downright stupid. Talk about walking on thin ice.

What really pisses me off is that we are supposed to share. There are some incidental costs involved, such as seedboxes or the community server, but to actually collect money with a view to making a profit is disgusting.

No one should be profiting from piracy. We should share what we have, and leave it at that. It is becoming more commonplace for some people to think that they can earn from our love of sharing. To hell with them...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor
    Can I be a MOD called lolz?
    I hate you.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Can I be ROTFPML

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Sure you can...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast