Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry To Brag, But It Took Me A Long Time

Poster
    cheers spindulik

I see clearly now.
    How many times did it take you to get the mix right?

Neil

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Neil__@11 July 2003 - 16:16
    cheers spindulik

I see clearly now.
    How many times did it take you to get the mix right?

Neil
    For the Cyan, it took 5 tries to get it correct (or near correct). Just sheer luck.

But the Magenta is so dark and intense, I assumed the same ratio as the cyan, but it took about 30 tries to get it acceptable.

I used a paper towel as a test swatch for a drop of ink. Based on my visual guess and estimation, I matched the colors. I extracted ink from the original cartridge. using a syringe, and applied a drop to a paper towel, and let it dry. Then I added water to the regular ink and applied drops to the same paper towel and let them dry. Eventually, i came up with a match.

So far, it looks good.

I hope this information helps some people out there who want to refill ink for their photo cartridges. It is riduculous for companies to cahrge so much for a cartridge, just becaues the ink ran out. The head is still good and functions. They could have easily made printer cartridges that can hold a pint of ink.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    yes, and I had sugar puffs for breakfast, do I get a medal? NO!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    I didn't think it would work, but well done.

Probably not good enough for professional quality, but if you wanted professional quality would you be using one of those rpinters in the first place ?

I remember seeing something about the cartridge makes being forced to make them re-cycleable (because of all the waste) which in turn would have brought the price down, but nothing seems to have come of that.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12