Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Smear test cringe

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Just wondering but what exactly is file sharing......does it involve saving money? Because that might be why there are so many Scotch on this board.
    Kelvin the Kunt started a trend I see

- although how anybody who wrote "Freddie Starr Ate My Hamster" expects to be taken seriously beats the hell out of me
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #92
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Eh? Are you speaking Senile Old Geezerish again?

3. Lounge   -   #93
    Eh? Are you speaking Senile Old Geezerish again?

I take it you didn't see Kelvin McKenzie's anti-Scottish rant on Question Time last night. Actually it was so bizarre I can't find it in me to be offended.

4. Lounge   -   #94
    Who is he?

My mocking comes from a good place you know .

By the way, what's your accent like? In my mind you sound a bit like Mrs Doubtfire.

5. Lounge   -   #95
    He was the editor of the Sun hence the Freddie Starr thing. I think he is a professional twat now.

I can't recall Mrs Doubtfire's accent but I find the idea mildly distressing

Not strong, mildly teuchtarish with a touch of the far North (our far North) although I am working on my Dr Finlay/Fyfe Robertson accent

6. Lounge   -   #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    He was the editor of the Sun hence the Freddie Starr thing. I think he is a professional twat now.

Not strong, mildly teuchtarish with a touch of the far North (our far North) although I am working on my Dr Finlay/Fyfe Robertson accent
    What was the gist of his 'point' then?

That was a really good description, and if I had a clue what any of those references meant I'm sure I'd be able to hear you in my head with crystal clarity. You'll have to excuse my ignorance . By the way, are you coming to the EE meet in Birmingham?

7. Lounge   -   #97

What was the gist of his 'point' then?

That was a really good description, and if I had a clue what any of those references meant I'm sure I'd be able to hear you in my head with crystal clarity. You'll have to excuse my ignorance . By the way, are you coming to the EE meet in Birmingham?
    He was basically saying what a git Brown was and then in a fit of hyperbole said that all Scots liked to spend money but they don't like earning it. Given that spending money makes most Scots feel slightly nauseous and we virtually invented the Protestant work ethic he was clearly talking bowlarks - he got booed down and that was a Southern English audience.

Can't make the Birmingham do as work stuff clashes though I am going to look in on the Sunday do as I will be in Glasgow anyhoo taking stuff up to my son's student flat. Are you heading up to Birmingham?

8. Lounge   -   #98
    My God....imagine if he was in Scotland when he said it? What am I saying...the gutless little prick wouldn't have said it in Scotland. In my line of work Scots have a reputation for being brilliant engineers, scientists and doctors and having some of the finest universities in the UK.

I'm looking forward to the pics from Sunday......please make sure Biggy's camera goes missing for a few hours at least yeah? I'm going to Birmingham, yes. I'm a bit worried because there will be a pub quiz and I get a little competitive .

9. Lounge   -   #99
    My God....imagine if he was in Scotland when he said it? What am I saying...the gutless little prick wouldn't have said it in Scotland. In my line of work Scots have a reputation for being brilliant engineers, scientists and doctors and having some of the finest universities in the UK.

I'm looking forward to the pics from Sunday......please make sure Biggy's camera goes missing for a few hours at least yeah? I'm going to Birmingham, yes. I'm a bit worried because there will be a pub quiz and I get a little competitive .

Good luck with the quiz - they really are into those aren't they? I saw Sally was doing some on line and was tickled by the idea of two hours of questions on the double helix - got PM'd about comparing her to SD think I am in the bad books.

10. Lounge   -   #100
    Good luck with the quiz - they really are into those aren't they? I saw Sally was doing some on line and was tickled by the idea of two hours of questions on the double helix - got PM'd about comparing her to SD think I am in the bad books.
    You're a bad Nog

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast