Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini HD sites?

¤xXx¤ BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Well I'm liking the releases on Bit-HDTV of the Mini-HDTV release that are 2.2gb or so.

Is there any other sites that are like this?

I would check HDBITS but I was banned after I saw my seedbox giving me errors, tried to login, was banned

And their IRC needs a key which I don't know so I said screw it and stuck with Bit-HDTV

So does any other sites have releases like this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Bææ
    SceneHD

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    hd-bits.ro?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ¤xXx¤ BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    hd-bits.ro doesnt, wouldnt know if SceneHD does though, no account there, can someone check?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    awoeonip's Avatar Need a light? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    hdbits.org doesn't have them anyways. the bitrate required for 720p @ 2.2gb is far too low for feature length movies to meet their standards.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    As far as I know, those minihd-encodes are no scene releases (because scene rules differ quite a bit from them) so you'll never find what you're searching at SceneHD. HD-bits.ro does have some custom encodes which are most likely taken from other trackers (mainly HDBits) but I would be surprised if you found your 2.2gb encodes there.

The way I see it, you're going at it the wrong way. HD movies have always been about high resolution and high quality, the latter is pretty much lost when you reduce the bitrate this much (~2500Kbps instead of 4000+). This difference is less obvious on your standard pc-monitor but as soon as you can compare on a good hdtv screen, you'll wish for a higher bitrate.

I'm afraid that aside from the handful of movies BiT-HDTV has to offer (searched for "nhd") this is clearly not a popular choice, much like 350mb pal/ntsc x264 videos are far and in between.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I personally like smaller high quality files too. I never had much interest in any of the HD sites, but I love x264. The quality is just fine and the sizes are pretty small. But that's assuming you just want HQ, and not specifically HD.
    They do have some HD there along with other file types, only downside is that it's pretty much all movies and the selection could be greater, but still, it's my fave. and the only site I use for HQ.

Good luck finding specifically what you're looking for though.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I don't mind downloading a 4GB file for a 720P film, nor do I mind downloading an 8GB file for an intense action 720P film.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Koeckebacker's Avatar Kon BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I usually download 4 or 8 gb 720p's. But i like the idea of a 2gb HD film.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Try x264. I hope you will like it. Also Polishtracker has x264 releases in small filesizes.

Edit: By x264 i mean, x264.eu. You will have to find an invite to join.
    Last edited by silhoutte; 10-10-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast