Thread: Burning Dual Layer dvds???

Question Mark

can anyone help to burn the transformers dvd9 rip to dual layer disc? thanks for any help!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Whats the problem?

It should burn in just about any program like Nero or Alcohol 120% on a suitable DVD9 disc

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by macking View Post
    Whats the problem?

It should burn in just about any program like Nero or Alcohol 120% on a suitable DVD9 disc
    have you burned DL diks before? they cost a pretty penny

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Get them locally for less than 75p (UK money)

Use imgburn, set on a low setting, go to bed, following day it is burned off.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsick View Post
    can anyone help to burn the transformers dvd9 rip to dual layer disc? thanks for any help!
    Get ImgBurn http://www.imgburn.com/ very good for dvd9...

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    For G's sake, don't use Nero or Alcohol; pretty much a coaster if you do.

The best methodology is the pgcedit/imgburn system; it allows you to choose/specify where the layerbreak occurs, or default to the original. The ONLY decent commercial s/w to burn dvd9's is GEAR s/w, if you already own it (is the big competitor to Nero). But I've been using the pgcedit/imgburn freeware for well over 3+ years. The PGCedit site has a section devoted to DVD9 burning, almost required reading.

Best blanks by far are Verbatim (DL+R), most everything else is a crap shoot. They do tend to be the most coin, but I can usually get them at around $1.50 or less if I watch the sales and such at the major places (in the US, Meritline and Supermedia).

Of course, the best editing pgm (to get out all the crud) is dvdremake, but I figure you already know that; the freeware alternatives are there, and do work, but nowhere near as easy or fast to use.
    Last edited by Beck38; 10-11-2007 at 02:23 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Thx nero made toasters out of all my DVD9's...
    Now go away.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    yea i just returned the dl dvd's il stick with retail dvdrips not much diff in qual unless ur a movie buff. wich i am

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    I use Nero to burn all my DVD-9s and never had any problems unless there was something wrong with the image file. I always burn them on 2.4x speed, takes about 40 minutes per dvd and no coasters. I use Memorex.