Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jealousy (relationships)

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Is jealousy a necessary aspect of love or not? If you don't feel it does that mean your feelings don't run very deep? Just wondering.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    nah, it's unnecessary and is usually to do with insecurity on the part of the one feeling it...However if one partner specifically tried to make the other jealous then felling jealousy would be perfectly justified. But to do that on purpose is just silly (although it does happen).
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Damned if you do damned if you don't. Too much and it becomes claustrophobic too little and it's assumed you don't much care.

The ideal is apparently is to show an appropriate amount at the right time - afterwards one then should go and reconcile the Palestinians and Israelis and talk Bin Laden into radical flower arranging.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Is jealousy a necessary aspect of love or not? If you don't feel it does that mean your feelings don't run very deep? Just wondering.
    No, no it isn't.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Damned if you do damned if you don't. Too much and it becomes claustrophobic too little and it's assumed you don't much care.

The ideal is apparently is to show an appropriate amount at the right time - afterwards one then should go and reconcile the Palestinians and Israelis and talk Bin Laden into radical flower arranging.
    I'd say you have to skate the fine line between protectiveness and jealousy. You're right though, it's a toughy....I hadn't thought of it like that.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

I'd say you have to skate the fine line ...
    :eyesbleeding:
    You do not need to see my I.D.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    This is an odd question, jealousy is the opposite of (Compersion/polygamy) swinging says wikipedia

I've never swung but i was asked to join in but kinda lost the nerve and walked out because it felt really awkward.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    ratemypinkbits.com
    Funny that you mention swinging, because that(jealousy) is what it(swinging) was meant to remedy.
    Devious

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Do you think swinging shows lack of respect for your partner? I'm not the jealous sort at all and I don't understand it, but I would like to think my partner wouldn't want other men to view me with disrespect. Because when you hear swingers talk, they describe other people as just objects, and say when they go home it brings them closer. I wonder if it occurs to them that the other people view them as 'just bodies' too?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    The act itself though....of seeing my partner having it away with someone else......I'm not sure that would upset me. Women try it on with him sometimes in front of me but I feel a bit sorry for them because I know it's never going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast