Thread: how to burn a blank dvd

How do i burn movie files mostly avi files onto a blank dvd?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    n00b
    If you want to watch them as a dvd then you need to convert them first, try using a program called convertxtodvd just drag and drop the files into the program click convert and just leave it to do the magic, takes about 1 hour to convert and burn.

If your movie is in 2 parts or more just drag them in as well it will join them together for you.

If you don't want to convert them just burn them as a data disc using nero, this way you can watch them on a divx compliant dvd player - about 6 avi's should fit on 1 disc , Simon

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    jrzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    johnq86, you have to be a bit more specific. Do you want to put one avi file onto a blank dvd or do you want to create a dvd that you can put a few avi files onto it and set up menus, chapters, etc.?? You can do simple or complex...

I haven't checked if there are any guides here on FST but I would start off with doing ALOT of reading , you start here,happens to be a favorite of mine.
    You have to be patient and with trial and error you will be successful...good luck my friend

I wanted to add this....it's free and better than most programs I've seen out there...I use it to convert to many different formats.
    Last edited by jrzy; 10-11-2007 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Added text...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I was guessing he D/L'd a movie off the net and wanted to burn it ? I , like simon would suggest VSO 's program for noobies as its pretty straight forward . Afterdawn is good tho eh ?

I have a friend who could n't format c:/s if his life depended on it but can burn a copy righted movie thanks to Afterdawn and a little coaxing from me .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    jrzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    VSO is a nice little program, agree...noob friendly. Funny you say that about your friend, I must know a relative of his..lol I have a friend like that too...
    Last edited by jrzy; 10-11-2007 at 03:20 AM. Reason: typo