Thread: Help Vectoral Server windows 2003 Web

Hi
    I got a vectoral server a few days ago, and everything is dandy with me, getting speeds up to 8 mb upload, but for my buddy, he isn't connectable. I have a slight idea why, it's maybe because he didn't forward the ip properly, but I donno.

Just to clarify, I have 3 ip's, and using Utorrent 1.6.1. I hear you have to go to advance tab in utorrent forward one of the other ip's (not the main one I am using) and all should good, and he will be connectable, yet we tried that, and nothing works.

I also made him an account, with 2 instances of utorrent running at the same time.

So, what do u guys think I'm doing wrong? Do I have to forward the main IP into my Utorrent?

Thanks for your help I look forward to your replies

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    There are several steps here, you need to make sure the IP's are included in the range for the network card then create a second user. After that have a second instance of utorrent with a shortcut on the desktop with the /recover switch added to the run command. Then you run the second instance of utorrent and bind the ingoing and outgoing IP's to the second IP address and then you can configure the webui for the second user (just use a different port for the webui).

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Very nice and informative answer Artemis....
    Proud Member of:

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Bumping this back up...How do you configure the network card?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    If the secondary IP addresses have not already been assinged to the network card , then they need to be added. The last time I configured a Vectoral server with 2003 on it this step needed to be done (other providers do add this information, vectoral don't seem to). To do this right click on the network icon on your taskbar and choose open network connections. Then right click on the LAN connection and choose properties from the context menu, scroll down in the properties menu and select internet protocol (TCPIP) then click on the properties button. On the general menu there is an advanced button click that and on the top pane check to see if your IP addresses are listed, the default one will be with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 but check to see if the other two are listed if not add them in the same format as the other IP address by choosing the add button. OK each step backwards and your network card is now configured for the secondary IP addresses assigned to your server .

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73