Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: I was shouted at this morning

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Agree, at the start of my test I even had to lift the bonnet and point out where you would check the oil level AND show how to test the horn is working.

It was fucking difficult, i tell thee.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #92
    Fortunately I was allowed to take a man with me to do that sort of thing.

3. Lounge   -   #93
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/PracticalTest/DG_4022540
    Vehicle safety questions

These are basic safety checks that a driver should carry out to ensure the vehicle is safe for use. Although some checks may involve the candidate in opening the bonnet to identify where fluid levels would be checked, pupils will not be asked to touch a hot engine or physically check fluid levels.

As vehicle technology advances, more and more vehicles are being equipped with electronic diagnostic systems, which inform the driver of the state of the engine fluid levels and tyre pressures. It will be acceptable for a candidate to refer to the vehicle information system (if fitted) when answering questions on fluid levels or tyre pressures.

You can find source material in the DSA publication 'The official guide to Driving - the essential skills' and 'The official DSA guide to learning to drive'. Advice and information on how to carry out vehicle safety checks can also be found in the manufacturer's handbook.

Candidates will be asked two questions, one 'show me' and one 'tell me'. One or both questions answered incorrectly will result in one driving fault being recorded.
    Doesn't that pretty much make that whole part pointless?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910