Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonus for seeding

Elite BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

Question Mark

I think every site should have a Bonus for seeding system to help people to maintain their ratios, cause some times there are so many seeder and almost mo leechers at all.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by SliDer5; 10-12-2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    ive found the bonus system useful on a couple sites.
    so i would have to agree

Wishing for a FTN or SCC invite

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sovaz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    if there is so many seeders then u don't need bonus points to motivate them...i don't get the point of ur thread...did u mean the contrary? Like if there are only a few seeders n many leechers...then a seeding bonus system is good...but on good trackers people seed n no need for bonus system...they just have to check their total seeding time in their profile to know how long they have been actively seeding their stuffs.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    krisil's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    slowly the sites are moving towards this concept , blackcats has a very innovative seeding point system , FTN has got rid of ratios...... . yeah you are right , i have observed that bonus points encourage one to keep seeding even when there are only a few leechers on a torrent , otherwise one loses heart in less leeched torrents . the result is that some torrents are ' hot ' while most of the rest are ' cold '. hahaha.....it reminds me of blue star AC advertisement ..... ' hot and cold areas in the same office '

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sovaz View Post
    if there is so many seeders then u don't need bonus points to motivate them...i don't get the point of ur thread...did u mean the contrary? Like if there are only a few seeders n many leechers...then a seeding bonus system is good...but on good trackers people seed n no need for bonus system...they just have to check their total seeding time in their profile to know how long they have been actively seeding their stuffs.
    let's say you are a new user on site, you downloaded the file but you cannot uploaded back cause there no leechers and there are no Bonus system, what can you do about your ratio? (except donating of course)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    you can jump on a hot torrent , limit the download speed to a very low value & the ratio will get up quick . also , its better if you grab only a couple of rars and seed at full speed . all said , seed bonus is a very good thing

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    yes
    Now go away.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    yes

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    too many douches limit their upload to 1k when they get a seeding bonus. especially when it has a high limit on number of torrents that you can get a bonus on and how much ratio you can get on it.

Blackcats does it well though i must say.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ^^ yeah the blackcats plan is vey well thought out one.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast