Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: whats the best firewall?

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    ..Zone alarm is pure crap IMO.
    To prevent people dismissing this comment out of hand, please explain why you think it's crap.

I'm not arguing with you here (I don't like it either) but just saying it's crap is meaningless.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    BLaZiN's Avatar Up yours! BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Well i have used alot of firewalls and i seem to have stuck with ashampoo pro, its very neat pretty tight as firewalls go!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Sygate, because it works with Utorrent.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Jaggster's Avatar Poster
    Sygate is best imo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Ive used Zonealarm and it seems to work OK, but in my opinion it is very user unfriendly it has a very non standard windows interface.

So I am try Commodo !

Regards

Digby

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    My favorite used to be Kerio, till they got rid of (or changed) the free version. I'm using zonealarm right now, even though I do hate it. It has a huge number of bugs, including one that utlizes 100% of your CPU if you transfer too much P2P data, randomly. I'm going to have to try some new ones soon.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    i have a router firewall and it works great, plus nod32 and symantec endpoint my comp is as clean as a baby's bottom

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Actually I would say thet ZoneAlarm is pretty good,I would even risk to say it's one of the best if not the best,the firewall in Kaspersky Internet Security is also ok.
    But well I heard that when you're using ZA you got higher ping in games but didn't check it since I have KiS :p

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Kebert's Avatar Xela BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Hands down the best firewall around: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

They are giving away free professional licenses! Check it out! [Always been free though]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Mcafee does it for me.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast