Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a printer

I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Hi, Could someone please suggest a good printer for me.

It would be used for printing DVD covers and to print onto actual disks.

Price range around £50 - 60 if possible. I can save money and go for higher prices if they are alot better quality etc though.
    Last edited by fook3d; 10-11-2007 at 11:42 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I'm sure if you search posts I've made containing 'Epson' you'll find my reason for recommending Brother.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    n00b
    I've been using the Epson R300 and only ever had 1 problem ( I tried a continuous ink system - never again what a mess!!!)

I print on glossy paper usually 180gsm (I pay £10 for 125 sheets) but I have used other glossy paper, Printable discs I use have to be white full face printables (around £10-£12 for 100 - 8x speed) for the best results. As for the ink prices if I go to the local computer fair I can get all 6 cartridges for a fiver (compatibles). So overall I personally think epson are quite good, But that's just my opinion.

Hope this helps, Simon

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    I use an Epson R265, currently £50 from Curry's.

I only use it for printing disks (the results are first class), but they are supposed to be reasonable for general printing too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DooMeD68's Avatar Domain Of Sutekh
    canon MP160 with scanner - excellent quality for 40 pounds !

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by DooMeD68 View Post
    canon MP160 with scanner - excellent quality for 40 pounds !
    It's probably an excellent printer, but I bet feeding disks round the rollers is a bit of a bugger.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    find one which has the cheapest ink cartridges.
    it is almost cheaper to buy a new printer(+free ink) than buying one ink cartridge.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

I only use it for printing disks (the results are first class), but they are supposed to be reasonable for general printing too.
    Looks good for the job.

Could you give me some info on ink cart prices? I know you can get cheap replacements like these on ebay but are they worth getting? Not them in particular, But the cheaper ones in general?

Maybe quality of the print is worse with cheaper ink, I dont know.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I've used Jet-Tec and Pressit compatibles in my RX425 and the results look just as good as Epson's own to me.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by fook3d View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

Looks good for the job.

Could you give me some info on ink cart prices? I know you can get cheap replacements like these on ebay but are they worth getting? Not them in particular, But the cheaper ones in general?

Maybe quality of the print is worse with cheaper ink, I dont know.
    Not sure yet, I haven't had it long so I'm still on my first set, but generally compatibles have been fairly successful for other Epsons. Carts don't seem to last long when printing disks, but again that may be because I'm still on the original carts, the next set shouldn't need to fill the reservoirs in the printhead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast