Thread: need 2 get my ps2 modded

ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    any1 know of a good website where i can send my ps2 to be modded?

2. Games   -   #2
    hi, do you have the older (FAT) model or the new pstwo (SLIM)?

Depend of wich version you have, you could go for the softmod using an ''exploit'' installed in the PS2 memory card. Going that way wouldn't force you to open the console. This is a relatively cheap solution. You need an HDD, a ps2 network adaptor and a way to inject the exploit in the ps2 MC. Knowing a friend with a ps2 already modded would be the easiest way but there are others too. http://www.exploitstation.com/articles/articles.html

The soft mod technique require a HDD because once everything installed, you will put ps2 games as Isos in the HDD then boot them from the ps2 of course, with a program called HDloader.

By the way, there is 2 modchip-like Memory card called Vast and Memor32 that will be released soon (still to be confirmed) and will do the same job that a modchip.

3. Games   -   #3
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Melchior00 View Post
    hi, do you have the older (FAT) model or the new pstwo (SLIM)?

Depend of wich version you have, you could go for the softmod using an ''exploit'' installed in the PS2 memory card. Going that way wouldn't force you to open the console. This is a relatively cheap solution. You need an HDD, a ps2 network adaptor and a way to inject the exploit in the ps2 MC. Knowing a friend with a ps2 already modded would be the easiest way but there are others too. http://www.exploitstation.com/articles/articles.html

The soft mod technique require a HDD because once everything installed, you will put ps2 games as Isos in the HDD then boot them from the ps2 of course, with a program called HDloader.

By the way, there is 2 modchip-like Memory card called Vast and Memor32 that will be released soon (still to be confirmed) and will do the same job that a modchip.
    thanks, i have the slim silver ps2. im really looking for a place i can send it to and they can just install the mod chip. what i want is the easyest way to play the games.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    this sounds so much better than installing a mod chip.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I wouldn't definitely look into the flip-top mod for a slim ps2. I guess it's a little more work starting up games but it seems like the easiest solution to modding your ps2.

Here's a link to what it would be but I can't vouch for the site itself.

http://www.modchipstore.com/PS2-Play...-3--16204.html

6. Games   -   #6
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I wouldn't do anything through modchipstore
    I ordered swapmagic from them about two weeks ago and it hasn't come, and no one will respond about my missing order...
    I've read a lot of other people complaining about similar situations, too.
    Stay away from it.