Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost everything

Poster BT Rep: +1
    i recently lost everything on my harddrive and need to get hold of a data recovery program so that i can at least get back my photos so does anyone know of a recovery program that will bring all of my photos back

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yikes bud that's a tuff one as the data recover programs never really seem to work .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I have had luck with active@ undelete. give it a try

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    first thing to do is stop using that drive. mount it as additional or external drive. don't write or install anything on it. depending on the way you "lost everything" and the way you acted after, programs like file scavenger can help you recover most of your data.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    hmm sounds like i need a shot gun and a shovel thanks guys i will let you know how i go

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    aussienaterror last time it happened to me (few months back) i recovered with EasyRecovery proffesional almoust everyting , but like optimus_prime says u have to stop using that drive don`t write anything else on it (the less u write the bigger the chances to recover everything)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    aussienaterror last time it happened to me (few months back) i recovered with EasyRecovery proffesional almoust everyting , but like optimus_prime says u have to stop using that drive don`t write anything else on it (the less u write the bigger the chances to recover everything)
    EasyRecovery pro, that's what I couldn't think of! It's a great tool that has different features built in for recovery after deletion as well as recovery after format. It even rebuilds the directory tree for you.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You could try hirenes boot cd it has all sorts of tools and tweaks for windows in it i'm not sure if it has a recovery program but it helped me clear stuff and get back onto my pc when i locked myself out

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by aussienaterror View Post
    hmm sounds like i need a shot gun and a shovel thanks guys i will let you know how i go
    Sorry don't mean to laff but those programs are shit and really have little faith in them . Anyone remember Windows 3.1 and their undelete function ? Yep never worked worth a shit either , sure I can recover my pron but never my homework or work project .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    DooMeD68's Avatar Domain Of Sutekh
    it's easier to have multiple external drives - reason being if anything does go wrong you have a better chance of recovery - windows xp/vista on a small main drive - p2p on another drive including your files - and pictures on a SD card ! and a massive backup drive with a full copy of everything on that (unplugged and only used in emergencies) ! that way you don't rely and so-called recovery/backup software that fails to deliver when you really need it ! it's time consuming but your COVERED !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast