Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac trackers?

ROFL-LOL's Avatar I Like You BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Hi. I just got an apple macbook yesterday and i have no idea about trackers which has appz for macs. Can you please help me byt telling about mac-trackers or the trackers which has a huge mac-section.

And i would like to know what is the best torrent-client for mac.

thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    BrokenStones is for mac apps/games.
    OiNK has a great selection of apps too.
    Demonoid will help you with anything missing on those two sites.

For client, Azureus is probably the best option, but Transmission is worth checking out.
    Last edited by Grind$oFine; 10-14-2007 at 06:14 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Grind to the rescue.
    The only thing you forgot is. Welcome to world of Mac!!
    PM me if you have any questions.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fstokebanget's Avatar j-e-ib BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    yes, BrokenStones would be certainly the best choice, while like Grind$oFine said, demonoid and oink could come to the rescue also. If you need BrokenStones invite you can PM me

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    anekoik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    there's also http://www.proaudiotorrents.org/ , for mac audio app

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    MacNBits is great but you need to donate or be invited....
    Now go away.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Everyone pretty much covered the tracker side. I've been running Azureus on my macbook and it's been fine. Transmission was a little too buggy for me when I tried it last year, but I think a lot of the bugs have been worked out, and they recently added selective downloading.

Azureus is kind of a resource hog though, so you have to weigh your options. There isn't really anything like uTorrent 1.6.1 for the Mac world

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lessthanfour View Post
    Everyone pretty much covered the tracker side. I've been running Azureus on my macbook and it's been fine. Transmission was a little too buggy for me when I tried it last year, but I think a lot of the bugs have been worked out, and they recently added selective downloading.

Azureus is kind of a resource hog though, so you have to weigh your options. There isn't really anything like uTorrent 1.6.1 for the Mac world
    I checked out all the leechers on the mac torrents from oink earlier, it's pretty much a 50/50 split between azureus and transmission. Bitmetv has the beta rule for transmission and thet scares me a bit. I use azureus for all sites.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    MacNBits is great but you need to donate or be invited....
    does it have more games than brokenstones?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    isabel.pirate's Avatar soon to be inspired BT Rep: +2
    I have been a member of MacNBits since 2004 and have DLed 18mb (53 OS X game torrents 10 of them xplane) - I have also been a member for OINK since then and have 150gigs DLed (probably only 5 gigs of music) Oink has been my mac lifeline. But I have recently joined BrokenStones and it is also a great community mainly because it is smaller and mac dedicated.

I have used Azureus for years but have recently tried µtorrent1.61 with crossover with a lot of success. For some reason I cannot connect to TL torrents with crossover so Azureus 2.5.0.4 is my main one.

Welcome to the community - good to see who else is mac here too.
    Last edited by isabel.pirate; 10-15-2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast