Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: setup help

weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i have a hostingie seedbox trying to install setup like my leeware/tzulo and i cant get it to install yum does anyone have a guide was there one done that i could not find please help the dummy it says yum not found
    Last edited by weenden; 10-14-2007 at 10:48 PM.
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    what operating system did you request for your seedbox ? YUM (yellow dog update manager) is the installation tool for redhat/fedora based Linux distributions, but if your distro is a different Linux fork then YUM will not be the package manager.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i think its " PLESK " thought i was getting something else but in my haste i probably screwed up if anyone has set up this kind of operating system and can help id be grateful
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    No, Plesk is an Admin interface. You need to find out what distro of linux you have. Fedora Core, centos, debian..? Hosting-IE offers them all. Check your welcome email.

What server package did you get, though?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    its debian-4.0-x86 my bad man i have to do better than i am im a dope at times
    2. Custody; care.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    anyone no how please
    2. Custody; care.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Since you are using Debian etch the package manager is apt (Advanced Programming Tool), instead of yum, the command line to install using apt is apt-get install (packagename) you need to be root user to install software using apt but apart from that most commands are similar to what you were using before to install and configure you leeware server. You will however need to install the xorg server first in order to use vnc etc.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ok done cept didnt take xterm says it may be opseleted dunno but when i typed in the vncserver nothing happened said name or service unkown ,,man this ones a toughie for me
    Last edited by weenden; 10-15-2007 at 09:17 PM.
    2. Custody; care.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    Install rTorrent!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    pm me and ill try to help you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast