Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: registry cleaning software

jv16 regcleaner - wicked cleaner if you know what you're doing

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by sert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    I am just curious who is more reliable so I try to use both TuneUp Utilities 2007 and Registry mechanics..
    After cleaning with Tuneup, i started to clean with Registry mechanic found 158 problems..Then I try again to clean with Tuneup 0 problems found...

Conclusion: Registry Mechanic
    Not correct conclusion, if a registry cleaner finds more entries, this is not necessarily good thing, as many could be innocent or important.
    So do you mean finding more problem is not a good thing? Why do we use registry cleaner?
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    alot of regcleaners have word filters so they dont clean them out or show up in the end of the scan.
    A good cleaner for some1 who understands is a scanner that shows these entries but still allows you to clean them out - lets say theres a key that was found in an "uninstall" directory but that prog isnt installed anymore - is filtered because of the word "uninstall" - some1 who understands will clean it out - some1 who doesnt will leave it alone

to sum it up - if you dont know what your doing - get a cleaner that doesnt show filtered entries like ccleaner

if you do know what your doing get a cleaner that shows everything but filters/flags important/harmfulifdeleted entries like jv16

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sert View Post

Not correct conclusion, if a registry cleaner finds more entries, this is not necessarily good thing, as many could be innocent or important.
    So do you mean finding more problem is not a good thing? Why do we use registry cleaner?
    No I don't mean that cleaning more registry entries is not a good thing. I mean that some of these entries can be necessary and important for the operating system and shouldn't be deleted.

Take, for example, JV16, which finds the most obsolete entries than any other cleaner. Well if you run it a couple of times and delete all its findings, your system may be unstable.

Two very safe reg-cleaners are
    1. ace utilities on the standard and not the thorough scanning method
    2. tune up utilities

JV-16 is quite good if you know what you are doing and choose manually which entries to delete (and if you have the time also).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    lynx's Avatar .
    One thing I notice about the posts made here - not a single one has made mention of the need to make sure you know how to backup and restore the registry (from the recovery console if necessary) before you even begin to use one of these tools.

If you aren't absolutely certain you know how to do that, and made a backup, you should not even consider using any of these tools.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    thanks for all your comments and also lynx. thanks

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    One thing I notice about the posts made here - not a single one has made mention of the need to make sure you know how to backup and restore the registry (from the recovery console if necessary) before you even begin to use one of these tools.

If you aren't absolutely certain you know how to do that, and made a backup, you should not even consider using any of these tools.
    Good point but most of reg cleaners are automatically back up before deletion, some of them like ace utilities offer a system restore point also.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    keymaster2's Avatar Member
    RegSupreme Pro

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Magnum's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Tuneup Utilities and RegSupreme+jv16 power tools

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I recommend ccleaner (formely crap cleaner). Tune up utilities ruined my mbr twice in the past, but to each it's own.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast