Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***nintendo Nexus(n5)***new!

Originally posted by Busyman@13 July 2003 - 03:58
    uhhh......Get YOUR facts straight. Globally PS2 has 67% market share, Xbox has 18% and GC has 15%. Sales have been picking up due to Nintendo 'giving away' a pick between their best titles (Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, etc.) and now packaging the Gameboy player with the GC. Hey is this a gimmick or smart marketing. I say smart marketing. So maybe the GC WILL overtake the Xbox in the global market. Everyone kicks Xbox's ass in Japan. GC has an 8.3 market share and the X has 1.6. And maybe to the average mother browsing the store, they're going to look at an Xbox...a Gamecube, "Oh, the Gamecube has a Gameboy Player"...lets get that! Regarding DVD you said, "Very true, but since when is this a major disadvantage to nintendo?" When the GC is in 3rd place.

Look dude I never said the GC or N64 has bad games. I love alot of the exclusives. It's just they obviously were the market leader, bucked a trend or arrived late, lost the lead once and didn't learn from that. I'm just hoping they don't screw up the Nexus (or whatever). If they aren't going to SELL a great system but make great games they as a company will fail (at the end of the fiscal year profits fell 36%). The way they haven't 'sold out' is by getting ultra violent games like GTA Vice (but they have RE ) .

If I annoy you, good, you shouldn't take such things too seriously (unless you own Nintendo). You gotta laugh or not respond little bud.
    Don't worry, i wasnt taking it overly serious, i just mistakingly took you for one of the usual little ps2/xbox fanboys which would take any negative and try to turn it into a big argument against nintendo. If you go to gaming forums, you'd know what i mean Also, i'm almost positive that nintendo is ahead of xbox, i'll find the latest chart and post it asap.

2. Games   -   #32
    I do admit thatNintendo has done some stupid things in the past. However I do not see not including a dvd drive, a hard drive, and built in online support as a bad move. These features up the price of said consoles. The hard drive is extreme over-kill for save games, and unless you have a broadband connection, there is no way in hell you could download extra's for games. and online gaming itself isnt even profitable. thats why nintendo hasnt jumped on the bandwagon.

When I said "sellout" I meant by betraying the classic Nintendo values and just going for a share of the market. Nintendo creates games for "everyone" Thats why most of their games are rated E. Thus giving them the kiddy image which is a whole new topic that seems to start flame wars. I am not saying I wouldnt mind nintendo creating a "mature" game, but I would liek to see it done tastefully, not something like GTA where you shoot whores after you have your way with them. Oh, and Re isn't made by Nintendo. It is made by Capcom. GC also has BMX XXX, but we won't go there.

Nintendo has lost this console war to sony. But alot can change with a fresh race. Hell, we might even see Microsoft come out on top for a while. competition is good for the business. It keeps prices down and quality high. I don't want to be paying 60$ for games like it used to be with Nintendo when they had the monopoly.

3. Games   -   #33
    Oh and xelo, Eternal darkness is an excellent game, good to see another nintendo fan Also, online gaming may not be necessary, but it seems to be the new generation of gaming, people are so interested in it for pc, consoles will follow eventually fully supporting them like xbox. Nintendo's decision to stay away from the online scene so far isn't encouraging though

Anyway, the fact still remains is that consoles...are exactly that...consoles. For playing games, dvd's may be a good add-on, but it shouldn't be a reason to miss out on nintendo.

4. Games   -   #34
    Yeah, ED is a great game. great plot and it is actually scary. (play at night with lights out and a good sound system) its also very accurate as far as timelines and weapon history goes. Those insanity effects are cool too... creepy, but cool...

5. Games   -   #35
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Xelo I was talking about $60 for N64 games. They didn't have monopoly. The PS1 was out. I still need to get Majora's Mask but I keep thinking they'll bring it to the GC like LOZOOT. I like getting the best version of game. For instance, I got MGS Solid Substance for Xbox but I'll get Twin Snakes for the GC even though it's just a better version of the original. I rented ET and couldn't get into it like everyone else but I got pretty far on it though. Maybe I'll buy it and try it again.

To be honest Xelo, playing online with anything less than broadband is horrible. I did play Quake on Dreamcast with dialup and had few problems. Xbox Live has proven though you build a robust network of broadband only support. IT IS LOVELY.

LiNk the one thing about me is ..........I have no 'allegiance' to any one system. If could play all the games on one system I'd play it on Xbox. (because of the graphics, speed, HD, online, etc)
    If a company is fucking up though I won't see it any other way is all. Xbox is getting it's ass kicked in Japan where it is still being outsold by the PSOne and just made it past the Dreamcast and Wonderswan
    The only thing now that MS is doing absolutely wrong is:
    Not securing the "big brand name" games (at least until next year)
    Not giving the Japanese market specific good games that cater to that market
    (they are trying to push western cultured games)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Games   -   #36
    To Busyman, sorry if I didn't get my point across, but i'm not the best communicator and i was tired (1.30am). Anyway, xelo and link got my point across well, and its nice to see people on this board who talk sense, unlike the load of PS2 fans.

As for those cheap gimmicks, i was tired, and went well off on my points, but one of the main reasons for owning a PS2 is for the certain games that it has, and in the future, those games will probably be on all consoles (unlike Nintendo's games)

What I now want to say is that, personally, i think that Nintendo were so late in releasing their console, and since the majority of players like me, could only get one console, they bought the PS2. I didn't, but i can understand why others couldn't wait.

I can't wait for the next console batle, especially if they're all released around the same time, which i think they are planning to do. Btw, i'll buy Nintendo, unless they majorly feck up.

7. Games   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    To be honest I'll probably still get a Nintendo. If a system has a t least 4 good games at launch I always think more are coming so I buy it. Plus I alot of times get 'em hot so it doesn't hit my pocket as hard. I told someone before with the advent of the Funcoland type stores I stay behind the 'game buying' curve since prices drop. I might buy a game for $50 dollars, maybe even 3, but there are 10 that I want. By the time I finish the 3 games, 3 more games might be half the original price . The only games that haven't really dropped that I've seen were Halo and ironically Goldeneye because they were so popular. Anyways Stillmic see ya around. (I can't finish what I was writing gotta go)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Games   -   #38
    i kida figured that pic was fake right from the start, seeing as its gunna be called game cube 2, and it isnt a cube.

or maybe im just an idiot

9. Games   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by Kurdt Kobain@14 July 2003 - 23:47
    i kida figured that pic was fake right from the start, seeing as its gunna be called game cube 2, and it isnt a cube.

or maybe im just an idiot
    damn right

:gunsmile:

10. Games   -   #40
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    [cough]FAKE![/cough]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast