Page 1 of 62 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of blackcats-games

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Question Mark

I am probably setting myself up here for a great big fall, but i would like to get a general oppinion on what users realy think of us on another forum.

Dont worry i wont go scouring blackcats for your usernames, you are free to say what you like.

But please, make informative posts, either good or bad.

If we just get posts like,

Its great or its shit, it will just mean we cant improve at all.

so try to be as informative as you can, and if you have any suggestions to make us better, then im all ears.

PS: i will come in and defend us or the reason we have a mod on or something else, obviously, but i wont go banning accounts.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    bravo. i think this is a great opportunity you offer here. people will be much more open than on your board, believe me.

i can't tell you much about your tracker though, because frankly: i just don't need it. i'm not into games at all.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It rocks. Content is fantastic.

I think the aesthetics are awful though. Things seem just a bit too spaced out and the white website is overly bright and has little or no character or originality. Same as WB.

I don't really care that much though as the content is exceptional. I'm not there to hang out; I just want the files, so I'm happy.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    bravo. i think this is a great opportunity you offer here. people will be much more open than on your board, believe me.

i can't tell you much about your tracker though, because frankly: i just don't need it. i'm not into games at all.
    same here. Im not a hardcore gamer and pick up a mainstream game here and there but they are availible on non-specialty trackers like yours. you guys definitely made the right move closing signups -- you will get better users

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well we do have 3 themes to choose from.

the silvery white, which came with the tracker (hence why you have probably seen it elsewhere)

topaz, a black and yellow one. done by an ex staff member

alt, a black one but with drop down links at the top of the page, done by our coder, but i have to say when he done the theme, he was brand new at everything, even html and css.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well we do have 3 themes to choose from.

the silvery white, which came with the tracker (hence why you have probably seen it elsewhere)

topaz, a black and yellow one. done by an ex staff member

alt, a black one but with drop down links at the top of the page, done by our coder, but i have to say when he done the theme, he was brand new at everything, even html and css.
    Yeah, but I think the white is the lesser of the evils.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    fair enough

tbh the workings of the tracker have taken priority over the look of the tracker, but once we get all that the way we want it, im sure a few more, better, themes will show up.

but like you mentioned, aesthetics is one thing, content is another.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Content is amazing. The new forum is much better than the old one. I don't post a lot, but it's fun to read some of the threads there. (and there are some very nice guides)

My only critic would also be with the overall looks of the site (especially the forum banner and the default avatar shown in forums posts). But that's a minor issue really.

In short, the site is just great for my needs.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    its gr8 site no doubt about it but i think you think about ur ratio system .we all want to seed as much as possible but it is not always possible to seed 72 hrs

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    well like i said in another thread.

we take the sp off altogether, but still have the hit and run rules, and you have to seed back to actual leechers, you could be on the torrent for weeks/months.

and its not 72 hours constant, it just 72 hours active, and yes even i have to abide by the same rule, and i have to turn my PC off on a night, so 72 hours takes me a week, and i agree it is bloody annoying, but better than sitting on it for months, hoping a leecher comes along imo.

Page 1 of 62 12341151 ... LastLast