Thread: Why does IE 7 give me connection problems when Utorrent is in progress

Diamond Dealer BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    When I try to surf the web while I am using Utorrent I keep getting connection errors. I will run The "Diagnose Connection Problems" and it will tell me that there is no problem, or there is no problem connecting to HTTP websites but there is a problem connecting to FTP websites. I call Microsoft and they could not help me. I reinstalled IE 7 and it would work for a couple of days but then it would stop working. I am using Windows XP. Any help would be much appreciated

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    [-_-] BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    You're bw is being used by utorrent so none left to browse, limit you're utorrent speeds slightly

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I thought that might be the problem , so what do you suggest is a good limit? Do I limit the uploading or the downloading?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    [-_-] BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Limit either or both just by 5-10%

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    asafb's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    take your upload speed X 0.8 and put it in upload speed limit..
    and then you can surf normally

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    If your maxing out your download it will do the same thing.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Ok, so what's .8% of unlimited?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    do a speed test... and limit it to 80-90% of your speed up and down.. depending what your speeds are. if you have a 20/2 line or something 90-95% would be fine but if you have a 2/200k line youd want to go with 80..

also stop using IE its a pos ... getfirefox

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    I doubt it's anything to do with you maxing out your B/W. I can max out my B/W and still browse the web OK. I reckon your router can't handle all of the BitTorrent TCP connections.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    i just put the download speed to 50% of my max when i am surfing. also, u should be using firefox. getting the extension called faster fox increased by browsing speed by 5 times. if for some reason u dont want to use firefox, u should use opera. both very fast, and kiks IE ass.