Disclaimer: idk who said what, ill give credit where i remember...
Before you dl nething dl kazaa ignite and set it at 5 second intervals. Also if you want to dl tcp optimiser (lamsey i think) and tell it to do the best possible tweak.
then do this (thanks tralalala)
1)click on the "check status" button and wait for it to finish.
2)click the "localize" button and wait for it to finish.
3)reorganize the supernodes by pressing the "response time" button (in the coulomn itself).
4)find the supernode which is closest to your area and has the lowest response time.
5)double click him so he appears in the newq supernode bar.
6)click set new SN and restart kazaa.
7)test your download speed, it should have increased quite a bit.
8)if this didnt help, do steps 1-7 again till works.
Now search for whatever file you want.... keep "searching more" until the bandwidth is above 1500. Start downloading the file
In the "traffic section, uncheck the "+" box so it is a "-"... then in b/w the five second intervals, manually right click and "find more sources" for the users who u r getting slow dl's from...
This should help immensley.... from when i didnt do any of this to when i do it every time, i have moved from averaging 3-4 kb/s to average of over 85kb/s (ADSL) and I dled dumb and dumberer in about 25 mins.... hope this helps