Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nvidia Or Ati

Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    ok ok i'm not even going to get into this debate again.....

just a few comments.....
    ATI is good, but since their 9700 Pro (the best card to date) is still hovering around $300...not many people will buy it....

Nvidia makes great cards, which is what I have.....thought their FX project went sour and now they can barely compete with ATI for the fastest card.....

honestly, i'm an Nvidia fan, but the ATI cards DO kick ass....

*planning on getting a Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4600 or better soon*

and almost ALL cardsd are supported by new games, dont gimme that crap about not supported.....as long as its a 3d enabled card...it doesnt matter....it just wont be "optimized" for that game, which is a bunch of SHIT.....

currently, i have a Geforce2 MX and it runs UT2003 just fine....slows down in the most graphic-intensive maps, but otherwise it runs fine...have all settings set to med-high.....amazing, actually...just took a few tweaks and it's very playable...

and since the UT2 engine IS the most processor and GPU intensive game out at the moment....it runs nice....

now when HL2 and Doom 3 come out...THEN we'll be screwed.....we're ALL guna need high-end cards for those....

oh fuck, i ended up getting into this fucking debate.....damn.....oh well......

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Twist3r
    this is alittle off topic but HL2 and Doom 3 are gonna kick ass!!!
    im not gonna worry about cards n shit cause im getting them for xbox i dunno if hl2 is comming out for xbox but doom 3 defintily is and thats gonna rule!!!

as for video cards i dont care what brand i get as long as it is good enough to play gta vc and then im happy

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by metalrebelzz@28 July 2003 - 01:10
    ok ok i'm not even going to get into this debate again.....

just a few comments.....
    ATI is good, but since their 9700 Pro (the best card to date)
    Your about 4 months out of date.

The current top of the line cards are the Geforce 5900 ultra, 128 meg version at around 340$, and the 256meg version at about 410$. ATI's are the 256 meg 9800 pro, for about 440$, and the 128 meg version for about 440$. Note these prices came from price watch.

Any 4 of these cards are simply amazing, and will run anything out this year. Rumor has it that hl2 may have some issues with the anti aliasing on the 5900 geforce cards, but a work around is there. But with either card, you could not go wrong.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23+28 July 2003 - 00:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schmiggy_JK23 @ 28 July 2003 - 00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-metalrebelzz@28 July 2003 - 01:10
    ok ok i&#39;m not even going to get into this debate again.....

just a few comments.....
    ATI is good, but since their 9700 Pro (the best card to date)
    Your about 4 months out of date.

The current top of the line cards are the Geforce 5900 ultra, 128 meg version at around 340&#036;, and the 256meg version at about 410&#036;. ATI&#39;s are the 256 meg 9800 pro, for about 440&#036;, and the 128 meg version for about 440&#036;. Note these prices came from price watch.

Any 4 of these cards are simply amazing, and will run anything out this year. Rumor has it that hl2 may have some issues with the anti aliasing on the 5900 geforce cards, but a work around is there. But with either card, you could not go wrong. [/b][/quote]
    no actually the ATI 9800 Pro is the best card still beating out the FX 5900 in performance.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    actually no... I can show you benchmarks of each of them beating each other, depending on the game, the resolution, and the levels of AA... each card has its better benchmarks.

argue all you want, or read up at tomshardware, or hardocp.com...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by Pitbul@28 July 2003 - 06:59
    Webchef how can that be when they are already starting the process to come out witha new Vid Card? use common sense before posting that crap. also Half Life 2 will be most optimized for ATI Radeon 9600+ cards.
    Pitbul, I wasn&#39;t looking for a critique on my post..

I just post an uneducated reply, "which I mentioned in my post&#39; no need to flame me.

I just thought someone may have a positive coment on the post.

Thanks for the update thogh. Cheers..

btw, just bought a new card PNY nvidiaFX5200ulltra 128ddr nice addon, even works great with my"ATI TV WONDER"

One more thing, I am glad that ATI is still in the card biz, love the competitivenes between the ATI and NVIDIA cards.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    Twister Posted on 28 July 2003 - 06:16
    &nbsp; this is alittle off topic but HL2 and Doom 3 are gonna kick ass&#33;&#33;&#33;
    im not gonna worry about cards n shit cause im getting them for xbox i dunno if hl2 is comming out for xbox but doom 3 defintily is and thats gonna rule&#33;&#33;&#33;

as for video cards i dont care what brand i get as long as it is good enough to play gta vc and then im happy&nbsp;
    Xbox Graphics quality sux &#33; And I Have a felling that xbox will have low fps cos xbox sistem is not apropiate 4 that awesome graphics maybe the programers will remove special effects and also resolution will be a crap &#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Originally posted by metalrebelzz@28 July 2003 - 06:10

and almost ALL cardsd are supported by new games, dont gimme that crap about not supported.
    I have to agree with you.Maybe back in the day of the Voodoo cards when certain games only ran with Glide this was an issue,but anybody willing to bring out a good game that doesn&#39;t support one of the major cards are foolish.

I
    &quot;Specs&quot;
    CPU:High,some say I&#39;m a legend in My own mind.
    Update&#33; Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she&#39;s ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I wish silver would type/speak in english... goodness...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123