i voted yes.

i hope new users means more leecher.

so if you are one of the thousand new members:

welcome! now go and leeeeeech!!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    more leechers let them invite their leecher friends :woot:

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No, I'm not proud to be a member. I'm not proud to be a member anywhere, it's "only" torrentsites

However, how do some of you make it that 1000 more slots is equal to 20,000 euros? That's beyond my understanding.

Maybe Feeling, kiimi or other staffers here wouldn't mind running an SQL query to the database, resolving exactly how many unused invites it's out there, and post here?
    (At NB, before I left as an admin, we had over 6,000 unused invites, cause some ppl are only joining the site, DL'ing stuff, and that's it.)

I know I have 3 unused and have invited 12 ppl, never paid a cent for'em, cause I only invite ppl I fully trust, and that's not many.. If you just throw'em around you, ofc you'll have to gain'em with other measures, but that's your problem, and yours only.

ScT is a good site with fast enuf pretimes, the staffers are different, some are nice, some are.. not. But the speeds there.. Amazingly fast, I haven't experienced a single time where I haven't maxed my pipe, so... kudos

Cheers, folx
    -Vidde <3

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Agree 1000% or is that 20,000 euro% either way right on man!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidde View Post
    ScT is a good site...the staffers are different, some are nice, some are.. not...

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kavselj View Post
    Since when is anyone forced to donate/pay anything to use ScT? Site does use the donation money for the seedbox, but no one is forced to donate. All contribution are purely voluntary. Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.

And comparing ScT with TL is also quite funny. What exactly is the same about these two sites?

Besides what is wrong with growth? 17k users is a nice number indeed and it has it's benefits. There are more peers and that is the also one of the reasons for the good speeds. Torrents live a lot longer etc. Sure, it's cool to have a private community of 6k users, but that also has it's downsides

As for my vote, yeah I am still proud to be a member.
    A: Comparing to sct was a figure of speech.. Think about that.
    B: nothing wrong with growth, i was just giving my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    resorted to p2l,
    um.. dude paying for gigs is called p2l. You guys even stated in the words "we had to go p2l to stay up".. Everyone knows you went from being a regular site to p2l You don't really have to deny that one because.. it's pretty obvious.. to anyone.. lol..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling
    users pay for the sct seed server,
    Yep, and its all explained to them what they are donating too
    I know it is, was just making a factual comment. So is, once they stop donating, you're screwed.
    and now relies on that to survive vs the old days where there were uploader groups of amazing friendships who would all group up on late nights and race each other to get that release up..
    You still have lots of uploaders, over 30 and we are still all in irc having a laugh, we still all stay up late and have fun. Pulling this info out of your ass again
    Nope, just find it funny how so far 6-7 of your uploaders have come to FTN because you guys don't "need" them. Good guys too. I pull nothing out of my ass, you're just too arrogant to believe a word I say.

SCT to me is now just another TL.
    Shit.. Forgot I was under the impression this thread was asking our personal opinions.. oops!

I would love to see how xmore, zasx, and the others feel about what it's become today..
    Site wouldn't exist, simple as that.
    Wrong again. Site was only having financial troubles because you guys were too ambitious and needed more and more and more requiring more and more and more. Simple finance, you should really have kimii help you guys out with financial understanding.

For example: Friend of mine was able to pm a staff member and buy their way in.
    And, just lol. Stop making up bullshit, your life revolves around making up bullshit to get on with your lilo life.
    Only bullshit i've ever had in my life that u know about, was when I actually stood up for you against Chriz because I believe YOU were the innocent person.. That sure was a wake up call. Just because you have more people on sct backing you up b/c of fear of losing their accts for saying wrong (I'm an example), doesn't mean people will believe you over me. I'm sure 99% of people here are smart enough to believe that you would never come here and admit to anything bad, just like nobody else would

/Bee
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You trackers need to just agree to disagree and move on with your lives. This constant clucking is just sad.

You'll never resolve your issues, so just let it go.

How about you put each other on your ignore lists? That's the best idea I've had all day, come to think of it.

yo

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345