Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is there a better programm than utorrent?

thelevy23's Avatar ISC RULEZ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    i think you got your answer
    utorrent is the best
    "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying"-Michael Jordan-

fsc lover

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    no, utorrent is not the best. its very good, and may be the best for your personal needs, but what determines whether a client is best depends on your situation and requirements.

on a higher spec machine and where someone wants all the bells and whistles, azureus pisses on utorrent from a very great height. if youre on linux, there are other options which you may prefer (rtorrent, deluge to name a couple).

personally, i like utorrent a lot and use it, but ive also used azureus extensively and plan to run rtorrent on my new seedbox.

whats best depends on your needs.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I prefer utorrent over azureus because there is something super sexy about a feature-filled application that is less than 200KB

I find that all of the advanced options I need are in utorrent, having used Azureus for many months prior to utorrent.

Also, I'm somewhat impatient with slow-loading apps. Azureus was too slow loading without any torrents and is beat by utorrent with well over 100 active torrents.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    IMO μtorrent because:

torrents=seeding
    seeding=always on client
    always on client=light client
    light client=μtorrent

quod erat demonstrandum

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    After using Utorrent for a month and learn some new features.. I can say Wow no one can beat this client.....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I may say if you want other program.. you need to be forced on utorrent or azureus because these two are the most accepted clients.. just use accepted version, not every update if you want to be safe..

utorrent.. it's the best as for now, because it is light, and almost all sites accept it, and strict sites recommend it.. just use 1.6.1 if you want to be safe..
    Last edited by game1283; 10-20-2007 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Snaidis's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    uTorrent is the best.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Maybe.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    tenis69's Avatar Cristiano Ronaldo BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    µTorrent 1.7.5. it's the best program to download and upload.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    µTorrent for life

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast