Thread: Ot: Technologies Of Filesharing Discussions?

I remember not too long ago that there used to be an area to post questions about how to GET those files from our digital media to our HDs. I've got a few DVDs that I'd like to get converted to video files, and I'd like to know where to ask. This place seemed...well, as on-topic as any. Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Great...the only reply I got to my question was..."Questions." What the hell is that?

1.) Where is the forum to ask HOW to get files to be fileshared (ie. ripping, etc.), or is this it?

2.) If this is it, how do I get DVD movies into an AVI kind of computer format?

One person out of the umpteen of us should be able to know this I think. Here I am, a "n00b" with a library, yet there isn't a resource in order to learn to make this accessible. Guess I should just become a moocher off KaZaA? Come on guys...you were all at this point at one time or another, cut me a break.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by AquaBlaze@14 July 2003 - 02:00
    Great...the only reply I got to my question was..."Questions." What the hell is that?

1.) Where is the forum to ask HOW to get files to be fileshared (ie. ripping, etc.), or is this it?

2.) If this is it, how do I get DVD movies into an AVI kind of computer format?

One person out of the umpteen of us should be able to know this I think. Here I am, a "n00b" with a library, yet there isn't a resource in order to learn to make this accessible. Guess I should just become a moocher off KaZaA? Come on guys...you were all at this point at one time or another, cut me a break.
    There is a ton of sarcasm on this board, many times because its needed. There is a Movieworld section for asking questions about ripping movies. Next time just look a bit harder. DVDs movies are usually ripped with either Smartripper or DVD Decrytor. These programs remove the copyright/macrovision, make the movies region free, and allow them to be converted to AVI. Real easy shit, you just have to look.
    Proud member of MDS