Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Games Freezing!

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    @iamtheoneandonlyone,
    I tried switching graphic cards, didn't work. Also, my monitor is working great...

@alan36uk,
    The patch didn't work... Thanx anyways...

EDIT: I also downloaded and installed the VIA 4 in 1 Drivers from the VIA Technologies website, that didn't help also.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    *Grunt*
    I belive there could be a simple explination. I can asume that you are using Win 2K (right) if that is the case then it is simple, Win 2000 was not intended for games. I got a similar problem. When i was using Win 98 the games ran fine but when i changed to 2000 they were as laggy as hell, however if you upgrade to 2000 from 98 some settings remain the same and games could possibly play ok. So i can only recomend to upgrade to XP. One other possibility is that it is your hard drive if your machine is a budget machine they may have thrown in a cheap hard drive one with a seek timne above 20 ms which is nearly double that of any other drive. Ifd that doesent work then chuck your PC.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    I understand Win2000 was not indented for games, but all my friends with Win2000 never have problems with games. Also, after searching through other forums and whatnot, I found many other people with the same problem, but they are running WinXP.

I really don't have anything else to try, but I guess I'll upgrade to XP. Also, my computer isn't from a store, a friend custom built it with the parts I wanted, my hard drive doesn't suck. And... if I don't fix this soon, I just might go crazy and chuck my damn PC. I would sell it to someone who doesn't play games....

Hmmm.... how much do you guys think my PC is worth right now?

====PC====
    ECS P4VXASD2 Motherboard
    P4 1.6GHz
    384 SDRAM
    64MB DDR GeForce 4 MX 420
    2 HD's: 40GB, and 4GB
    56K Modem
    Ethernet Card
    52x CDRom
    32x12x40x CDWriter
    Floppy
    ====Misc. Shit====
    Internet Ready Keyboard
    Microsoft Whell Mouse Optical
    Set of 2 great speakers w/ headphone jack
    Perfectly good 17" monitor

How much is that worth anyway? I'm getting sick of the fact that I can't play games, I'll sell it to someone who will use it for work and stuff.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    *Grunt*
    $100 >$300
    £100 >£200
    At least thats what i think

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    *Grunt*
    OH ! i foggot to mention it could be your CD drive if it is slow it could cause significant lag in your system. (just a thought)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Originally posted by Neo 721@24 July 2003 - 03:55
    OH ! i foggot to mention it could be your CD drive if it is slow it could cause significant lag in your system. (just a thought)
    When I play games, my PC doesn't lag.... it DIES. My entire PC just freezes.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    I know how to fix it u put ur brain to work and then u get a calculas calculater to add it up and double divide the puthagriam thearam than u multiply the 4/5 fraction of the denominator than u add up the total mega herts with the giga herts than u add up the multipication om the calculation and thats how u fic ur problem lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    I would Buy that baby for umm i don know ive seen it in real life its not bad its preety good every thing is so good krackhead keeps it soo clean and it is so orginized it is a perfect PC exept for the fact that IT CANT PLAY GAMES!!! LOL IT PLAYS EMULATERS BUT SOME OF THEM STILL FREEZE but its koo krackhead if u listen to my last post u will have it running perfectly so don worry

or u can listen to this and get a new mother board

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Well..... this is it..... I give up...

Yup, I said it. I cant play a single 3D game that doesn't suck on my computer. Why you ask? I don't know..... But I don't think I even care anymore...
    Tried
    Switching graphic cards
    Buying new RAM
    Its not my HD
    Its not my cdrom
    And almost every idea you guys posted

well, Im out of ideas. This sux, I guess I just need to get a job and buy a new one, chuck this friggin PC out the window... Thanks anyway everyone...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234