Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux Or Windows?

chalkmongoose
    Although Windows's merits are few and far between.
    Anyone have any ideas? Guesses? Rants?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    This kind of topic arises a lot. And it always leads to altercations between microslaves and linuxfr33kz. So Im gonna stay out of it this time. Have fun though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hi, I'm new to the forums. Please don't hurt me.

I use both Debian Linux & Windows 2000 on a 2 hard drive system. True it's a rather complex system, being built from two other computers (I call it my "Frankenputer") but they both work fine. Call me greedy, I want both.

If you're considering a dual boot system, here's a tip: set Linux to boot from a floppy. That way if you need to reinstall Windows (or even Linux) it won't screw up your bootloader because you won't be using a bootloader.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    chalkmongoose
    I've at one time (with only a 19gig drive) ran w3.1, w98, wxp, Redhat Linux 8, and also attached a personal storage partition.
    I like PowerQuest Partition Magic because it makes it easy to do things like that

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by shn@13 July 2003 - 07:46
    This kind of topic arises a lot. And it always leads to altercations between microslaves and linuxfr33kz. So Im gonna stay out of it this time. Have fun though.
    Oh, but I value your opinion! And I intend to have quite a bit of fun, although the sparks haven't begun to fly yet, I think they will!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    not EXACTLY on target/topic but moviX is cool.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    This has been discussed on this board in detail plenty of times this month alone, try looking.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    4play its unclear who you are talking to if it's me then i'm confused because i didn't find anything in search

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by 4play@13 July 2003 - 21:25
    This has been discussed on this board in detail plenty of times this month alone, try looking.
    Humph. I know it's been discussed more times I can count, but I like these posts. They provide refreshing insight into the fierce battle between the Penguins and the Almighty Dollar.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Humph. I know it's been discussed more times I can count, but I like these posts. They provide refreshing insight into the fierce battle between the Penguins and the Almighty Dollar.
    true that is why i read these posts.

@MediaSlayer sorry cant remember the name of a particular topic but try searching for linux in the software world and then read through some of the longer topics. im sure you will find plenty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast