Thread: Inconsistent upload speeds in uTorrent. Fix?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have always suffered Inconsistent upload speeds with bittorrent, but have never really ponder as to why.

When maxing out my upload speed, the overall speeds will remain quite constant. Upload speeds are something completely different though.

Is there a particular reason my speeds jump up/down in this fashion? Is there a way to have the speed remain constant?

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Seems ok to me... mine does that, but not in that much of a pattern like that... now that I think of it, maybe there is something wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    seems all good to me too, it's normal to have slow downs because the peers list change so often on bittorrent, connection, disconnection, peers that have all the content you seed etc...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Arrow

I wonder why is the shape seems to be like calculated, really weird.. my conn also have random up speed, but it doesn't form such shape.. yours is very zigzag like a zipper, it appears like there is a pattern.. it's just really weird..

is this also your upload speed pattern even in other verions of utorrent?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    seems all good to me too, it's normal to have slow downs because the peers list change so often on bittorrent, connection, disconnection, peers that have all the content you seed etc...
    Even if I am the sole seeder and there is only one leecher?

I figured this was all normal; just asking though.

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Well, it looks different for me too, but that may be just the cause of a different version (I'm still using 1.6.1). It doesn't look like your speed is fluctuating much except for that zig-zag behavior. That is often times easily explainable with an incorrect calculation of transfer speed values caused for example by unfortunate measurement frequencies. I've seen the same behavior in other programs but never had that issue with uTorrent myself.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    It's completely normal. My amplitudes are even bigger than yours, from day 1 of my aDSL connection. I don't think it's down to anything else but natural data exchange and up/down relationships.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    tuning's Avatar House M.D. BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Turn off the DHT network and try again.
    Follow the white rabbit

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    normal Thing..It depends on the peer bandwith download and upload speeds jump continuously
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Even if I am the sole seeder and there is only one leecher?

I figured this was all normal; just asking though.
    yup, because the peer probably leech other torrents at the same time, so the bandwith he dedicates to your torrent is variable