Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using seedboxhosting.com?

connector's Avatar Member
    http://seedboxhosting.com/seedbox/ Has anyone used these guys yet? I'd like to know if they are legit or not. Here is what they list on their site:
    • Your own Linux installation with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn 7.04
    • Root access to your server
    • TorrentFlux-b4rt installed and ready to use
    • Your own IP address
    • 50Gb hard drive space for the OS and all your files
    • 1Gb swap space
    • 256Mb ram
    • Unmetered 100Mbit connection
    • Unlimited torrents
    • $37 per month
    Are these specs any good?

They also run http://torrentfluxhosting.com/torrentflux/ . Any opinions on these guys?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    try jmh services there the best

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Hmm, i dont know why, but it looks a bit fishy to me..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stroj View Post
    Hmm, i dont know why, but it looks a bit fishy to me..
    That's kinda how I feel. Their whois info points to their domain registrar, so no help there.

It looks like a decent deal to me though. A cheap way to get started.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    They're probably legit although for the same price (maybe a little bit cheaper) you could get your own VPS from Hosting-IE.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    wmumascot's Avatar Poster

Unsure

Fibre and stroj are both on the right track.... For what your paying these fly by night site operators to purchase a VPS, you could purchase your own physical server with a little more money.

Hint:
    They have been around less than 45 days.... I have a dedicated server that I use, and I am paying $90 bucks for and I get way more than what they are offering you.
    • Processors: Dual Core Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz, 2Mb Cache
    • Memory: 512Mb RAM
    • Hard Disk: 2x 160GB 7200rpm
    • Bandwidth: 5,000GB Bandwidth Per Month
    Most users won't even use close to this amount of bandwidth in a month, unless you have uploading privileges to a truly private tracker. I'll be upping the Ram to 1GB and HDD to a 500 GB space later this month, which is only costing me $20 more total

You do the math... your only paying for their server cost and getting to use a fraction of the total bandwidth offered. Heck for another $13, you can purchase a slot on my server

This post is not intended as an advertisement..... Do not PM me about renting a slot on my box!
    Last edited by wmumascot; 10-22-2007 at 04:15 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    No one thinks this is a good deal? I've searched for anything close to this, and haven't found it. Sure there are better boxes, but they start at almost twice as much. $37USD for unlimited bandwidth seems like a fair deal to me. Am I missing something, other than that they are unknown company?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    donvito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    there is no way its "unmetered". that would be in the $400-$600 range if im not mistaken...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    wmumascot's Avatar Poster

Dry

It can be unmetered for that price.... Look at what Leeware was offering, for something similar. If your total space is only 1GB then you are really getting robbed . You can't even download any DVDr/XviD/Svcd with that amount of limited space, as most are about 1.35 Gb or more.

It's your money, but I suggest that you do a search for VPS, since that is what you are basically paying for. If you don't really download large files, then stick with what you got, but don't say no one warned you . The chances of you using more than 2Tb of data is very rare if your the only one using the box
    , and for that price you couldn't possible get any one else to buy in.... Plus once you add everything up, for $13 more, you could get something that has a little bit more to offer.

Search the forums for anything related to seedbox, and you can find numerous suggestions for VPS offers

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thanks for the input guys. You're right, and I think I'll just go with a proven company.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast