Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: digital camera- advice

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    i need one, i live in the UK, my budget is around £100. i need to take good quality pics of my family thats all, no arty farty business.

what do you recommend?

(you can spam this or be nice and helpful )

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Well, I got myself a Kodak last Christmas for £60. It's 5 mp and works great. I'm sure you'll be able to get something better for a £100.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    is it a Kodak easyshare?

because i am thinking of getting one of them, right now im stuck with a canon, kodak and sony. i think the lenses are more important than the mps, so a better brand is ideal, i just dont know which is best.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    is it a Kodak easyshare?

because i am thinking of getting one of them, right now im stuck with a canon, kodak and sony. i think the lenses are more important than the mps, so a better brand is ideal, i just dont know which is best.
    The Lens is the most important item. You are unlikely to get a camera with a good lens that does not have the megapixels to go with it.
    You should get a good camera out of Argos for around £100. It will be around 7mps. Canon and Pentax are a safe bet in photography.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    i found a Canon on Amazon, its got good specs and the reviews on it are very good, i think i will buy that. thanks for your help.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Noooo not that one on Amazon! I saw that, but if you read more carefully you will find it contains bad aids which quickly becomes apparent after using it.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Noooo not that one on Amazon! I saw that, but if you read more carefully you will find it contains bad aids which quickly becomes apparent after using it.
    Are you suggesting that Amazon are trying to focus all?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    maybe we can advice one for barbie

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    oh and on topic...
    those big lens cameras are for professional photography and come pretty expensive, usually canon.
    but if you want something small and iCandy go for sony cybershot.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

10. Lounge   -   #10
    BawA, i am really considering the Sony cypershot w55, its around 110 on amazon, and its got good reviews, i might buy it.

to Benchez-

yeah your right, i have to read the descriptions, heres what i got on a Canon IXUS-

-wide angle 28mm lens
    -8 Megapixels
    -Safety Zoom and Digital Tele-Converter
    -face detection

package is dispatched from the UK, includes some smallpox and a 2GB memory stick duo pro.

i knew it, ha, they cant fool me now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast