Thread: Back Door Trojan Alert!

I downloaded Kazaaskinz from jenny_walter@kazaa. When it downloaded my avp alerted it as containing a new and nasty trojan horse virus. I have sent a message to the user, but as it is easily found when downloading skins I thought I would warn others until it has been cleaned of infection.

If you need a free avp grisoft.com do an excellent free avp. It caught the virus straight away.

Good luck

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    freeav.com

Another very nice free antivirus. It is more userfriendly then the one sahmraw provided. Yes i have used them both.

But now i use Norton AntiVirus 2003 (sysmatic) nothing beats that.
    But thats comes with a price so all you cheap asses will compimize your security for less then 2 $ a month.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Did you download the skin from a webpage or from other users on kazaa?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    taafis can you read?!

"I downloaded Kazaaskinz from jenny_walter@kazaa"

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I got a virus alert just after I had finished downloading the Dreamcast Utopia Boot Disc File, it was the TROJAN DROPPER.jASBINDER.C Virus. AVG picked it up, but I had some problems getting rid of it.

I ended up blitzing it with necrodelete, which seems to have worked.

I have put necrodelete in my shared folder, this programe obliterates were others fear to tread.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Learn to live with trojans and viruses if you're going to use Kazaa. The network is rampant with them and it's turning a LOT of people away to much better filesharing programs.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    netvirgin I see why u got your name cause anybody who uses a comp should know boot discs don't work

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    you left out one thing sahmraw! :
    What's the name of the trojan?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Seb Lite's Avatar Member
    if u ever need any kazaa skins.... www.kazaa-skins.com

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by bigmaxy@15 July 2003 - 00:01
    Learn to live with trojans and viruses if you're going to use Kazaa. The network is rampant with them and it's turning a LOT of people away to much better filesharing programs.
    You do know there's some thing called "anti-virus" it protects your computer of "viruses"
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!