Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can You Rip Ps2 Games?

hi there friends

, i have fifa 2003 on the ps2 and i understand that you can use the ps2 emulators to play the ps2 games....

however, i want to know if it is possible to rip those ps2 games and put it on the computer so that you can play them from your computer or you can burn them onto a PC cd....

the reason is because the fifa 2003 i have is my friends and i want a copy for myself but you cant just copy the games onto a pc cd beause it wouldn't work (or would it)...

as a result, i want to know if you can copy them as image files or something like that....

you know what i mean....

thanks....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Where'd you get the idea there is a working PS2 emulator? For most PS2 games, you need to copy the cd onto a recordable dvd disc. Then you would need a modchip installed to play them

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    can't i just rip the ps2 games somehow and play them on the computer ( i don't want to play them on the ps2)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    There is NO EMULATOR that will play commercial PS2 games! Why in the world would you want to play them on the PC anyways?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    well lets say there is one, ur still emulation a pretty fast device............ now ull prolly wanna run it under windows............. thats not written in assembler either.......... so lets say a ps2 is bout as fast as a pentium 1000 (raw capacity) ud prolly need a pentium 5GHZ 2 run it.........

look @ snes emulators and the real thing....... a snes is maybe a 286 equiv.......... but u need @ least a pentium 500 (more if u wanna run it real smooth)........... forget it......... ur not gonna run in on ur PC........ just dl the PC game........... most r on PC as well as PS2 newayz............
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I'd prefer playing the games on the console itself anyways. The PS2 controller is one of the best I've seen

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by Xilo@16 July 2003 - 01:39
    I'd prefer playing the games on the console itself anyways. The PS2 controller is one of the best I've seen
    aha!!!!

u never played on a SNES i hear!!!!
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I've played on all the consoles heh. The Playstation seems more function and natural then the others and isn't bulky huge like the XBox.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    good evening(here in greece!!!!)
    i would like to know if i can ''rip'' an original ps2 game and burn it in to a dvd+R disc
    so i can play it in my console .....
    my console has a chip so that i can play cracked games....
    thanks....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    mickstavros's Avatar Poster
    I use DVD Decrypter to make copies of PS2 games. They then play on a PS2 with a Flip Top Lid and Swap Magic disc. Should work for a chipped PS2 as well. Burn as slow as possibe, say at X 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast