Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Erase Hard-disk With Xp

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    I ve got a big problem.I don t know how to erase complitely my hard disk.I ve got already 2 version of windows xp on it /home edition in french/and /corporate edition in english/.i would like to work only with corporate edition.Help me please .My computer is like hell.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Get partion magic and delete the french version of xp partion. then resize your corp version of xp partion to take up the free space left over.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    I dont know if it s going to work because the two xp are on the same partition wich is about 111 Go.And i ve got left just one other partition with only 8Mo.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Why not just reformat and do a clean install of the OS you like?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If your computer is "like hell" it would be a good idea to start fresh and reinstall the one you like.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    It s exactly what I want to do. But i dont know how.It doesn t work like windows 98.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    I just dont know how to reformat a hard-disk with xp on it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    ????

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Goto Bootdisk.com and scroll down and download Windows XP Custom disk files and insert a formatted floppy disk and run the dl'd file. it will create a bootable floppy.

Is your copy of xp bootable??
    It it is just insert it into you cd-rom and restart your system and follow the on screen instructions.

You can boot with the floppy (it might flash 'windows 98'. but just ignore). It will boot and load drivers for your cd-roms. Then from there you can run fdisk or the format utilities (just like 98). Then when you return to the A prompt, you should just be able to type setup and the xp cd should start the installation.

I too have tried to boot and format with the xp disk and it still leaves all the old files and folders in the program directory. Of course you could just delete them as they are no longer installed.

EDIT:!!!!!!!
    Note: Make sure you have all the drivers for your devices and have burned all of your special information. eg. programs; software that you downloaded; documents that you may need later.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    *listens to Aretha Franklin* What? I'm in the wrong forum? Agggh! Move me to Music World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast