Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how about we stop torrent trading!!!

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I'm not a trader, don't believe in it... but
    I'm pretty sure this was more complex than trading.
    OiNK is bigger than most people realize.
    OiNK has been featured in nationwide/worldwide MAGAZINES.
    It's been called one of the top 10 best site's for music online along with sites such as last.fm and myspace (where it's not really the same idea).

Most torrent sites that got shut down wouldn't make the news,
    however OiNK information has been spreading and it hasn't been through FST.
    Agreed the media plays an intricate part of "outing" Private sites as well. I mean how may sites a talked about on TorrentFreak They are reporting everything that goes on in the BT world and why have I not heard anyone complain about them!? Do they get bashed all over the community? I have yet to see it. 5hit at least we filter the site names if they request it. They don't even do that.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    luckylittle's Avatar Custom user title
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I'm not a trader, don't believe in it... but
    I'm pretty sure this was more complex than trading.
    OiNK is bigger than most people realize.
    OiNK has been featured in nationwide/worldwide MAGAZINES.
    It's been called one of the top 10 best site's for music online along with sites such as last.fm and myspace (where it's not really the same idea).

Most torrent sites that got shut down wouldn't make the news,
    however OiNK information has been spreading and it hasn't been through FST.
    Well, maybe it's just not ONLY about trading or giveaways, BUT it is obvious someone HAD TO INVITE guy/cop/fed/whoever was watching OiNK for 2 years! Where else you can do it than on the forum like this one(and the other forums). I am feeling tired of the whole leaking information from trackers to public, showing screenshots, talking about what's going on there. It's just stupid users that wants to show the rest "LOOK, WE ARE THERE!". Honestly i would warn/ban users that are leaking ANY informations outside. Good tracker don't need publicity. SO STOP GIVING OUT INVITES/GIVEAWAYS YOU IDIOTS! Use the forum for better purpose (I can tell you EXACTLY for what)
    DO NOT PM ME FOR INVITE(S)!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post

Well, maybe it's just not ONLY about trading or giveaways, BUT it is obvious someone HAD TO INVITE guy/cop/fed/whoever was watching OiNK for 2 years! Where else you can do it than on the forum like this one(and the other forums). I am feeling tired of the whole leaking information from trackers to public, showing screenshots, talking about what's going on there. It's just stupid users that wants to show the rest "LOOK, WE ARE THERE!". Honestly i would warn/ban users that are leaking ANY informations outside. Good tracker don't need publicity. SO STOP GIVING OUT INVITES/GIVEAWAYS YOU IDIOTS! Use the forum for better purpose (I can tell you EXACTLY for what)
    First of all lets see where can they get invites?Hmmm Hmmmm How about every BT site out there they almost all have a forum to give away invites, granted some say only to PU and above but really you know as well as I it aint that hard to become PU especially if the police money is behind you to pay for scene axs of for a frakin T1 line or something so that you are a valued member and can get in fast through the upload team!? So who are the idiots? Almost All sites are idiots by that rationale. OFC someone invited them in, but I can't say it enough If you had even a small budget ANYONE COULD GET IN almost anywhere and anything short of them closing their doors completely and the user base never growing it's not hard to get in at all, not because of here but if you have a fast connection you can get in through other BT sites easily sometimes more easily than here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    luckylittle's Avatar Custom user title
    First of all lets see where can they get invites? From their real friends, nut unknown people!
    IDK if you understood me, I am not blaming this forum, but all places. We should think about it and think about security after what happend and learn lesson from it.
    I like this forum for other reasons, not trading thou.
    DO NOT PM ME FOR INVITE(S)!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Instead of trying to find blame for Oink's demise we should be Appreciating and understanding the risk Staff members take every single day. They do not get paid they take the big risks and we reap the benefits of their insanely hard work. We should be writing Thank you letters and PM's to the almost always under appreciated staff on our Favorite sites because they are providing for you.You should in turn try your best to respect their rules and follow their wishes.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I knew Oink before I even knew FST. When you have membership of more then 100k then there is always the risk being watched.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    How about you do what you wanna do, and let others do what they want?
    Go Leafs Go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
    First of all lets see where can they get invites? From their real friends, nut unknown people!
    IDK if you understood me, I am not blaming this forum, but all places. We should think about it and think about security after what happend and learn lesson from it.
    I like this forum for other reasons, not trading thou.
    I'm not saying you're blaming FST and Im not speaking as a mod here but as a member of many many sites. On almost all site forums they have a section for invite requests and giveaways. So you can get into private sites. You can get into lets say TD or any other site that has open signups and then in their forums meet people and make friends who will then invite you to more sought after sites all the while reporting progress to your police captain. Again nothing personal man just trying to explain that in times like these we have to stick together and make the community work not try to separate into groups like Trader/Anti Trader. If sites were more open and more giving and a little less 1337 then people would be less likely to trade to get into them. ( now I am over simplifying here ) but the point remains the same It is not hard at all for the authorities to gain access into the "private BT sites" due to the sharing nature of what we do. It's no ones fault it's just the way of things. If they want in they WILL get in.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    what about if the mods of trackers make threads here to give some invites to (traders+anti traders )every week to the trusted ppl here and then no body will ask for trade any more
    Last edited by supper; 10-25-2007 at 09:49 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I agree! more giveaways- with trusted stat-proofs from other tracks! NO TRADING EVER! Check my history!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast