Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how about we stop torrent trading!!!

Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    biohazard a member here

HONESTLY, WHAT HAPPENED TO OiNK IS ALSO FAULT OF THIS FORUM AND OTHER FORUMS! WE DON'T KNOW HOW MANY COPS IS WATCHING US! I hate this whole "rating torrent trackers" thing and people still talking about "high level tracker". Do you understand, that you are just attracting feds attention? Keep the information in confidence and stop talking about trackers, stupid kiddies! You're making it worse and more dangerous for all of us!

He said it best

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by mortalman; 10-25-2007 at 04:17 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    thelevy23's Avatar ISC RULEZ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    you say this and you are a trader?
    lamo
    "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying"-Michael Jordan-

fsc lover

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by thelevy23 View Post
    lamo

former trader

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thelevy23 View Post
    lamo

former trader
    AKA future trader

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    carinio's Avatar Poster
    come on.. This user is so ignorant that neither believes what he says
    my god!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    i wouldn't blame the traders for oinks downfall, but the people who do the "giveaways" and the people who hand them out freely at other trackers invite threads.

you could also argue that invites where to easy to obtain. i donated in my first week, and got 2 invites

but if oink should return, maybe they would tighten things up.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    like torrent leech? I can see why stopping invitations is a good thing. But where does that leave new useres surley it will mean there will be no growth it will become more elitist and eventually all torrent sharing will die.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I think that people tend to over-simplify the issue. It is way more complicated that Oh it's FST's fault or It's the damn traders fault. It is no ones direct fault, Realistically you will need a place for everyone to gather whether it be here, or on other forums. If the Fuzz wants to get you "you will get got!" Think about it they can easily go under cover gain trust in the community and infiltrate ANY site in pretty much no time, it's not that hard. None of us would ever know, 5hit I could be a cop!! We do what we do knowing the laws and the risks involved. We are ALL at risk of the heat knocking at out door one day. None of us can plead ignorance not a single one, I mean thats part of the fun right?

Instead of trying to find blame for Oink's demise we should be Appreciating and understanding the risk Staff members take every single day. They do not get paid they take the big risks and we reap the benefits of their insanely hard work. We should be writing Thank you letters and PM's to the almost always under appreciated staff on our Favorite sites because they are providing for you.You should in turn try your best to respect their rules and follow their wishes. Now to be fair I am a BT Mod here, and FST does allow trading so I must remain impartial to do my job correctly but in the communities I am a member of I would never go against their staff wishes because I can truly appreciate what they are doing for me and for the BT community even if some of them are pricks they are still providing us with the best they have to offer. Don't get me wrong there are some Sites that are just out of their minds with the strict rules, but that is OUR choice to be members there or not. I have deleted accts on a few sites because I would rather give up membership than deal with a55holes. There are plenty of good sites with great staff out there to be part of you don't need the ones who think they are 1337 and "too cool for school"

In short if you Stop trying to blame and appreciate and respect staff members AND Staff members lighten up a bit the community would be better off

Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    ... eventually all torrent sharing will die.
    Dude perhaps "torrent" sharing will die who knows, but I can tell you File Sharing will NEVER DIE!!!
    Last edited by Detale; 10-25-2007 at 08:01 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    luckylittle's Avatar Custom user title
    Finally some intelligent thread in 1,000,000,000,000 trading posts.
    DO NOT PM ME FOR INVITE(S)!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I'm not a trader, don't believe in it... but
    I'm pretty sure this was more complex than trading.
    OiNK is bigger than most people realize.
    OiNK has been featured in nationwide/worldwide MAGAZINES.
    It's been called one of the top 10 best site's for music online along with sites such as last.fm and myspace (where it's not really the same idea).

Most torrent sites that got shut down wouldn't make the news,
    however OiNK information has been spreading and it hasn't been through FST.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast