Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FTN versus SCT?

GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    its 9999 time this question be asked and we dealed that every tracker have it own benfits
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Wow, with all the Oink threads, i am glad someone remembered to make this thread again!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    CableMan391's Avatar Hazard
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Wow, with all the Oink threads, i am glad someone remembered to make this thread again!
    I try.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    d7thsign's Avatar Proud Pinay!! BT Rep: +5
    i love them both. . . so for me they are equal . . . my opinion
    Proud Pinay!

LOOKING FORWARD OF GETTING INSIDE REVOLT OR FSC

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Its community vs speed...I choose the community..
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    ZeroUP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Its community vs speed

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    FTN is better on paper, but real time usage ScT is on top in EVERY single aspect, from browsing speed to torrent speed/pretime
    1: Ever thought of geographic location of the actual user? FTN runs very fast for me.
    2: Are those benefits worth having absolutely no security?
    3: FTN uploaders use gbit servers, I max out easily
    4: Oooh a couple seconds faster pre! By the time u actually load the page would that really matter? lol.. Let me go change our donation askings to 1,500 euro and we can buy some leech on some insecure topsites and grab a quad core gbit server to upload with too

Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi4 View Post

ScT is faster because they make money from it's users, like a newsgroup, however it's the least secure top tracker because of it's large userbase and the easeness of purchasing an invite.
    I can already see this site in the next Newspaper Headline.

quoted from http://idolator.com/tunes/the-law/th...cks-314216.php
    As far as money goes, remember that "commercial advantage or private financial gain" can include the benefits of barter and the like. So the fact that, in your [description of OiNK's ratio rules], "they had to assist in infringement in order to keep infringing" might be enough.
    I'm going to help some of you out with that one, because I don't think you all will fully understand what that says. Not only will SCT staff be charged, but everyone who donates will also be charged. "they had to assist in infringement in order to keep infringing" In the US, this would be compared to "helping to fund terrorism".
    I hope the staff there are packed for prison.
    This is why I'm very stern on FTN never bringing up money. I don't even ask for it, and FTN has struggled with money a few times already. But i'd rather just pay out of my own pocket when needed vs put myself, my friends, and my users at risk.

I still find it funny that people can support torrent/warez sites that go against the entire idea of warez.. If you have to buy GB's to download something on a website.. why don't you just go buy it? Seriously..

Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexydingo View Post
    I don't have either sadly, but it seems that FTN would be better with its lack of ratios, wouldnt it? Assuming the community is good and still seeds well. I mean that was a huge thing when they got rid of those requirements, I'm still surprised no other private trackers have followed suit.
    they didn't follow because it's a stupid ideea of course. And the fact that all the n00b's are happy about it just prooves the point. They are happy cuz they don't have to seed as much,36 hr and they're done. If it were trully a fine community it wouldn't have mattered they "removed" the ratio, sharing is carring, right ?. Notice the " ,cuz the ratio is there ,only visible by staff or in torrent history by individual torrent
    Actually, "because" it's such a fine community, we are able to remove ratio's due to the fact that our users DO share. Compare our seeder amount vs b4 we removed it. It's more than doubled. Oh, and about the ratio.. Any intelligent person would know the ratio is still there. We can't send some special signal to your client and tell it to stop sending information. We never said we "eliminated" ratio's, we "removed" them. You know I still haven't banned a user yet over a ratio
    Try getting your facts straight next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post

Some people know what Im talking about
    <insert image of naked guy holding card over penis>

Like that?

And no that's obviously not me, just some kid who wanted his account unbanned on ScT
    Just shows not only the character of staff over there, but also the cruelty they have no hesitation to convey. I actually hunted that user down and brought him to FTN. Nobody should ever be degraded and humiliated like that for another's personal pleasure. That picture was posted in the main sct channel and laughed at. You really wan't to be on a site where your IP and info about you committing a crime is available to someone who would do something like that? Shows how much they care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I still don't see why a couple of seconds really matters that much. I'd be more impressed that we can keep up that much without having to A: buy leech B: buy expensive ass seed servers C: ask you for money.

These topics are really starting to get irritating. Let me point out something that few of you have probably noticed.

SCT -> Registered users16356/17000
    FTN -> Registered users5478/6000

WHO DO YOU REALLY THINK WOULD WIN IN A TOPIC LIKE THIS?

SCT = big ass ego infested staff/users (minus a staff member and some users there) who brag about their "leet prettimes!1!!11" and "omg the website loads so much faster!!" oh and "OMG WE GOT LEET NEW ICONS!!".

FTN = staff/users (well most users) who don't really give a shit about being the best tracker on the internet.. or "e-fame"..

I'm glad sct is so proud of their pretimes, big bank account, expensive servers.. etc. I hope they're still proud while they're sitting in a closet sized room at the closets prison with Big Bob and a stick of lube.

I expect to see a lot of users say sct > ftn due to the fact that 99% of people on this site have never even logged into ftn and probably never will. I'm sorry you can't donate and get a prize invite from me.

Wanna know the difference between sct and a topsite? SCT is publicly known and easy to get on therefore it's a huge target. Feel safe?

Brag about your pretimes and fast website loading speed and w/e else you want all you want sct. It only brings more attention on you, and less on other sites.

To answer the original question in a more timely manner:
    *If you want neat new flashy buttons and icons, don't care about your safety, want to embark upon the new torrent business model, and want to have a bigger e-penis, sct is your better option.
    *If you don't care about the typical internet bullshit, you care about your future, believe that spending money on something that we risk our asses for so that you can get for free is stupid, and want staff that actually care about you and not your money, ftn is your better option.

/me waits for the sct defender crew to show up and bash me for stating not only my opinion but also factual statements.

Disclaimer: No I do not hate sct. No I am not anti sct. No I don't care if you hate ftn. Yes I'm looking pretty today. Yes I think sct is being irresponsible in not only their but also their users safety. Yes I wish sct would finally wake up to reality and realize that eventually they will face severe consequences and the current benefits aren't worth them. No you cannot "donate and get an ftn invite gift" from me. Yes please stop pm'ing me asking for an invite.

Last edited by Brandon; 10-26-2007 at 06:36 PM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    +1. The files you can get them everywhere, but the nice community... that's the real prize of becoming a member in places like FTN.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    These topics are really starting to get irritating. Let me point out something that few of you have probably noticed.

SCT -> Registered users16356/17000
    FTN -> Registered users5478/6000

WHO DO YOU REALLY THINK WOULD WIN IN A TOPIC LIKE THIS?
    I don't know.. despite of the amount of users, i think in proportion FTN seems to be much more appreciated by its users (I guess many would prefer quality over quantity).
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Nestea's Avatar VIP BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    ScT's only better thing is the peers.
    But it's clear...ScT has 10 000 more users.
    IMO FTN is better.
    Last edited by Nestea; 10-26-2007 at 06:18 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    brandon you really made me rethink if i should join a community like sct after that post thx alot for the heads up

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast