Thread: Mame

Ok so i finally found a game that i hve been loking for alot (area 51) and after do some research I have found that is a prgram for mame. Found that sire, d-load and everything nw from what i can tell this is a command line program, I am sure easy enough to use, and i will figure it out in the morning, but wanted to ask anythin a little more user freindly?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can try Mame32,this is win based and it boots right up w/out having to screw around with command lines.
    "Specs"
    CPU:High,some say I'm a legend in My own mind.
    Update! Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she's ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by toddiscool@14 July 2003 - 06:34
    Ok so i finally found a game that i hve been loking for alot (area 51) and after do some research I have found that is a prgram for mame. Found that sire, d-load and everything nw from what i can tell this is a command line program, I am sure easy enough to use, and i will figure it out in the morning, but wanted to ask anythin a little more user freindly?
    I downloaded Mame too and itīs not userfriendly,you have to type in the folder where your Mame folder is first,example if you install Mame to "C:/Program/Mame" then download you roms to a folder inside Mame which is then located at "C:/Program/Mame/roms" (You do not need to uncompress the ZIP files).

After that you have to write a command in the coomand promt to open that folder by typing:
    "cd Program\Mame" (without quotes)

Let say you download a game called "Gangwars",then write this command after the one above:
    "mame Gangwars"

Also read the FAQ to know which button is what and how to change them here.
    Mame FAQ

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    www.mame.dk/

get the newest mame32 then type in the game you want and download the rom.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Get a version of Mame32 for windows and there are no command lines,just click on the name of the game you want to play.Unfortunatley you've picked a tricky one there in Area51 as it requires several files to play.Pacman etc are just tiny programs,small pieces of code but Area51 and a few others require .chd files to work - these are compressed hard disk files that can be over a gigabyte in size.I have Mame v.63 and around 2900 games and Area51 isnt one of them as its a pain to install.Go to www.mame.dk for more advice