Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got 20/20 fios

I'm surrounded by AT&T....No FIOS for me anytime soon.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    gah im stuck with this shotty 5mbit dsl. fastest in my area

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I'm pretty sure they don't guarentee you a min of 20/20. It's up to which means at some point in time in extremely good conditions you may get up to 20/20.

Another thing is verizon has been guilty of dropping users for using up too much bandwidth.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they don't guarentee you a min of 20/20. It's up to which means at some point in time in extremely good conditions you may get up to 20/20.

Another thing is verizon has been guilty of dropping users for using up too much bandwidth.
    Never heard of that either.

"We don't impose caps upon our subscribers," insisted Susan Retta, Vice President of broadband solutions for Verizon. "We expect customers who order this 20/20 service will want to use it frequently, and we intend to give them the bandwidth that they ordered and they expect."

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Search the net I've read a few articles about people who got nabbed and not only did they lose their internet they also had to pay a $175 termination fee that was put on them by Verizon.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Search the net I've read a few articles about people who got nabbed and not only did they lose their internet they also had to pay a $175 termination fee that was put on them by Verizon.
    LOL I have never heard of anything like this happening, if it was it would be all over the place (broadbandreports for one). Right now there are no caps in place and unless you go download from places like mininova you will be just fine. Maybe you mean Verizon DSL not Verizon FiOS.

I average .5 to 1TB upload a month on my line. That is just upload, my download is around 2TB a month. Some months it is more, some months less. If I downloaded 24/7 I could download about 9TB a month. It has been 2+ years now and I have not had any issues at all. No threats of using too much bandwidth or threats of being disconnected etc. During my usenet days I use to saturate my download for hours and hours for weeks.

Anyways, I have 30/5 service and would love the 20/20 option but it is not available in my area yet. The new speed options should be available in my area sometime in November but I think my area will be getting 15/15 not 20/20 . I don't know if it would be worth going from 30/5 to 15/15, cuts my download in half. Hopefully my info is wrong and they give us 20/20 here as well. I can take a 10Mbit loss on the download side. Does anyone know if it is possible to get 2 lines to your house?

30/5 + a 15/15 or 20/20 would be nice.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    If a company does this with one of their services does it mean they're not capable of doing it with others. http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/s...2/daily26.html

This is one of the many articles I found in about a min of time searching. Now are they more then likely to behave now that they've gotten nabbed and had to pay a fine maybe. That still doesn't mean they're trustworthy. Same thing applies to Comcast.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Trickology's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i was told who ever has 20/5 will also be able to get 20/20

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    i hate you

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    dnero73's Avatar Poster
    thats impressive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast