Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sites freak out after OiNK raid

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    it's the same thing they tried to do with grass in the late 60ies/early 70ies.

you can't criminalise or even punish a huge part of the society.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    GoLDeN's Avatar Black'n'White BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    that looks very bad
    When You Trade You Don't Only Risk Your Account And The Site Security But You Show A Great DisRespects To The Site Staff And Members
    Screw Traders

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Like RIAA reps don't have accounts everywhere. Water is spilled already.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 10-26-2007 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    it's the same thing they tried to do with grass in the late 60ies/early 70ies.

you can't criminalise or even punish a huge part of the society.
    sure they can, thats why usa has so many people in jail for non-violent drug offenses.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    This is the agony of the contemporary music - industry. They will fall, and will fall big time! It looks as if it had been a real nightmare - when looking back on it from some time in the future. This whole emotional and dirty propaganda by RIAA and allies is just like committing suicide. Cook it - eat it! I won't give a damn for them - in fact will dance on their coffin.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Not to mention that stoi stepped down from BCG. May be coincidental, but just a thought.

WB has removed invites and may be implementing some huge changes to the tracker itself. I won't touch on those details though.

There has also been an influx of trackers wanting their reviews removed.
    WB was acctually in the process of closing their signup/invites system about 2 months ago. They have been using & or working on, a similiar system to what TDC uses from what Wild has been telling me for a while.

TL has been in the process of disabling their invites for a while. If you recall a few weeks ago they had them closed and were actively banning a whole lot of traders/invite traders in heaploads.

Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    ya. apparently the oink shutdown was the result of a 2-year-long investigation. took them that long to shut down one tracker..
    It's called, collecting evidence.
    2 yrs sounds about right. I remember when I had my visit they mentioned it takes even FBI TEAM an average of 2 yrs to collect enough info and catch even 1 scener. Think of all the proof they need/ as well as all the paperwork they have to push to get anything done.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 10-26-2007 at 12:28 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post

For me all the panic does not make any sense except TL.net case, since for me they were #1 biggest website that is pretty accessible. OiNK was raided because, there were people who actually made money out of music and were selling it to the public.
    Oink was neither "selling music to the public", nor making money out of it. Get your facts straight.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    carinio's Avatar Poster
    pisexy too..

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Grrr... I dont get y anysites would close inv. because of Oink shutdown.
    I mean if the FBI or any of those others organizations were after an acc. at TL, or Pisexy or even at Uk-t I dont think theyd have a problem getting it
    And since they werent opened today they probably have an acc. there, jst dont know how to use it

The Chase is Better than the Catch

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    ya. apparently the oink shutdown was the result of a 2-year-long investigation. took them that long to shut down one tracker..
    It's called, collecting evidence.
    I thought OiNK wasn't on for even 2 years. Weren't they 1 year old?
    Have a nice day.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast