Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sites freak out after OiNK raid

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

It's called, collecting evidence.
    I thought OiNK wasn't on for even 2 years. Weren't they 1 year old?
    i think they opened in 2004, not sure though

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    1.E****: Recent News
    Invites are closed for everyone until further notice.

huh
    Have a nice day.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    Grrr... I dont get y anysites would close inv. because of Oink shutdown.
    I mean if the FBI or any of those others organizations were after an acc. at TL, or Pisexy or even at Uk-t I dont think theyd have a problem getting it
    And since they werent opened today they probably have an acc. there, jst dont know how to use it
    haha. ya, according to this article:

'...with police questioning OiNK for hours after which he was eventually released. It became apparent that the police had limited technical knowledge which, according to OiNK “made the interview quite amusing.”'

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Add Pisexy, SCC, Sportbit and DB to the list of sites that have closed all invites.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by iNSOMNiA View Post
    The question is why would he do that since 17 y/o could hack OinK or any other tracker..
    If they hack the tracker all the evidence is illegal. They're not going to do that and risk ruining their case. They're also not going to get a seed box and try and trade/build up good ratios to get an invite they would have to break the law to do that, therefore fucking up their lawsuit/criminal investigation. Similarly it's unlikely they'll waste time making forum posts in order to win over people's trust. What they will do is go to e-bay and buy an invite for $20 and get in in seconds.

Also I've posted this already but seeing as it relates to the thread title check out the latest news at VIP:

2007-10-26 - United we stand, divided we fall? - Comments
    Whoa, so much happening lately: our CTO (Chief Technical Officer is still missing since September), Oink went down recently and VIPmusic was mentioned in the article at billboard.com as in "the IFPI's cross-hairs". Due to the fact that our CTO is still out of reach (more about our fears in the corresponding thread) we might suspend the operations. There are few things that I'd like to make clear: server HDD's are encrypted with AES and are locked out (only our CTO had access to the server because of security concerns) that is why user database would not be accessible to any third parties. Also unused donations will be sent to EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) which is fighting for free speech rights on the internet.
    IMO it's starting to look like this Oink take down is really only the beginning

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I've just realised....

OiNK was arrested by the PIGS!!!

How ironic is that?

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    sniper06's Avatar Im invisible BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    If they hack the tracker all the evidence is illegal. They're not going to do that and risk ruining their case. They're also not going to get a seed box and try and trade/build up good ratios to get an invite they would have to break the law to do that, therefore fucking up their lawsuit/criminal investigation. Similarly it's unlikely they'll waste time making forum posts in order to win over people's trust. What they will do is go to e-bay and buy an invite for $20 and get in in seconds.
    So what sites should remove users then every week who havent downloaded or uploaded or even make a rule that is you join you have to download that same day and if you dont you get kicked out. If an fbi or mpaa went on a site and they will have to download then they are downloading illegally and there evedince wont stand in court. Would it work. Im a bit drunk so forgive me if it doesnt make sence.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    I've just realised....

OiNK was arrested by the PIGS!!!

How ironic is that?
    ...I guess we were all in too much shock to make that joke.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    That why they hire ppl to do that even tho they obviously wouldn't get caught using the evidences collected by hacking a site on court, they have dozens of lawyers to avoid that.. anyway I was just making a point. And if you really think that the MPAA needs to buy invite of Ebay you are really naive..
    Last edited by iNSOMNiA; 10-26-2007 at 09:27 PM.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    They're also not going to get a seed box and try and trade/build up good ratios to get an invite they would have to break the law to do that, therefore fucking up their lawsuit/criminal investigation.
    Not entirely accurate.

IFPI and others have no problem obtaining the permission of the copyright holder in order to upload, meaning there are no copyright violations, and the police may be allowed to ignore civil laws while persuing a criminal case, especially with the right warrant.
    A policeman is not subject to trespassing laws (civil) while persuing a shoplifter (criminal).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast