Thread: Comedy Series

Most sitcoms play this laughing sounds on every jokes. Why is that needed? They dont have to remind us which one is a joke and which one is not. I found 2 sitcoms that dont play this laugh, "scrubs" and "malcolm in the middle". I will laugh whenever the hell I want to.
    sig removed.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I'm not quite certain why producers think it necessary to insert laughs. Some of the laughter comes up at the unfunniest moments. I guess it's just a way of telling there's a joke there and a funny expression here... in case the audience missed it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    It was found that people laughed more if there was canned laughter added (as though there was an audience in the background laughing) and so people thought the shows were funnier -> higher ratings. But i agree completely, whenever u hear canned laughter and u don't find the joke funny it just makes the show seem shite.
    http://www.mdx.ac.uk/www/psychology/staff/...edy/comedy.html

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    canned laughter is terrible it totaly ruins a show. i remember watching m.a.s.h. years ago and i loved it, the humour was dry, full on in some places and subtle and dark in others. i watched it again some years later and they had put canned laughter onto the soundtrack. it just seemed so crass, and was totaly unwatchable
    for me from then on.
    max 80x80
    100kb