Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***ps3 In Big Trouble***

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    in some articals on internet its mensioned that SONY is in big problem reguarding "blue laser" which will be used as main rom in PS3 and this technology may cause to remove abalety of reading PlayStation 1 cd's from PS3 and as sony say's in past ps3 can play ps1 and ps2 cd's it will be big problem for them.
    the problem is with new DVDplayer which is using new system called "Grid" which is for new cd's which can be only play back with "blue laser" rom's and cant play cd's with old technology which means ps1 cd's and it means that it can play ps1 cd's.

new system "grid" and "blue laser" technology"which will be used in ps3 need special kind of cd's which have lots of problems in with sony and one the problem is the price of cd becuz the cd capacity is above 50 GB and that will be to much expansive for sony.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    why all the stars in each and every title you do

3. Games   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by BROCKSTER@14 July 2003 - 15:37
    why all the stars in each and every title you do

hehehehehhehe
    just like that

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Games   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    That may be the plan there going with but most likely if they do that they will use a dual laser one to read the disc that you said and another to read the PS2/PS1 disc. Remember we still have 3 years till this comes, they'll iron out all there problems by then.

5. Games   -   #5
    Proffesional Dumbass
    u guys know ur playstations lol

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@14 July 2003 - 05:00
    That may be the plan there going with but most likely if they do that they will use a dual laser one to read the disc that you said and another to read the PS2/PS1 disc. Remember we still have 3 years till this comes, they'll iron out all there problems by then.
    yeah what he said dude this problem is old and already been resolved but sony already stated that the PS3 will most likly not play PS1 games. sony said they only want 2 systems on the market the PS3 and PS2 sony when the PS3 launches they will officially stop producing PS1's. but pretty much this is old and been resolved by them just not wanting the PS3 to play ps1 games.and the PS3 will be dual laser.

7. Games   -   #7
    where the heck did you find out about all this?! i dont know anything and the ps systems are my fav!

8. Games   -   #8
    Where did you find out this info on PS3?

9. Games   -   #9
    This is what my Physics teacher told me - (or as much as I can remember):

This new blue laser is very new, but the wavelength is shorter then a red laser. this causes it to be a different colour. Why is this important? well with a shorter wavelength laser the information on the cd can be closer together. And when you add dual layers you get amazing capacity. He said You could fit about 16 movies on a Dvd with this special laser. <---(This is all I can remember, may be a bit different but I think I got the main part)

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nevin@14 July 2003 - 18:49
    This is what my Physics teacher told me - (or as much as I can remember):

This new blue laser is very new, but the wavelength is shorter then a red laser. this causes it to be a different colour. Why is this important? well with a shorter wavelength laser the information on the cd can be closer together. And when you add dual layers you get amazing capacity. He said You could fit about 16 movies on a Dvd with this special laser. <---(This is all I can remember, may be a bit different but I think I got the main part)
    Yeah, that&#39;s pretty much the gist of it. Blue laser technology has been around for quite some time (5 years maybe?). It just never became affordable enough to mass produce for consumer purchase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast