Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oink Cheat Script

Poster BT Rep: +1
    i think it only worked coz the torrent sizes were small and on big torrents there r a lot of partial seeders

heard that cheaters can be caught easily with a script when they cheat in small torrents

maybe some1 verify that

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LLED View Post
    i think it only worked coz the torrent sizes were small and on big torrents there r a lot of partial seeders

heard that cheaters can be caught easily with a script when they cheat in small torrents

maybe some1 verify that
    That could be 1 of the main reasons.
    if you upload 40gigs on a file only snatched 10 times and is 90MB in size it makes it a little too obvious. Where on most sites the files are avg almost 1 gig in size so its harder to detect.

The oink scripts were pretty good at catching cheats but not always accurate.
    I beleive sites like bitmetv and theplace use fairly similiar scripts.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    as far as I know OiNK scripts kicked a fair share of legitimate users and in my opinion its not worth the hassle... just look at what happened with torrentbytes after it blocked all iraeli IPs for cheating.. IMO this kind of script can be used to pin point the cheaters but never to automatically kick users for cheating. Kicking one honest user for cheating is not worth ten cheaters out of a tracker in my opinion..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    we can take it and edit it to work better

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Just go to TBDev. You will see all the original cheat detection stuff there, including some enhancements.

As for cheat detection, it is not a refined art form. I can categorically say that a genuine client can have a funny five minutes, where it can misbehave, which would make an inadequate script think it was dealing with a Ratio Booster.

I should know, as I invented the cheat script in the first place, alongside Purple.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    sorry for the spam but nice mr fox rofl

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    waban's Avatar Anti-anti-trader BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waban View Post
    Oink Cheat Script sucks and their staffs are stupid.
    They kick seeder's ass and kiss cheater's ass.

Their Cheat Script is useless for local peer discovery cheating.

These cheaters always use a UT screenshot with local seeding and refuse to provide a speedtest result directly from Speedtest.net

Sounds you were caught for cheating. haha

O and there cheat scripts worked just fine and if you did nothing wrong then you would have had no problems.

Wild
    I'm considered a good member on every tracker expect those trackers were under the management by idiots.
    Last edited by waban; 10-29-2007 at 12:24 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Just go to TBDev. You will see all the original cheat detection stuff there, including some enhancements.

As for cheat detection, it is not a refined art form. I can categorically say that a genuine client can have a funny five minutes, where it can misbehave, which would make an inadequate script think it was dealing with a Ratio Booster.

I should know, as I invented the cheat script in the first place, alongside Purple.
    Why would you invent such a thing..
    eee

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

O and there cheat scripts worked just fine and if you did nothing wrong then you would have had no problems.

Wild
    I don't understand you fully, but if these scripts are so easy to code then why you didn't code one instead of banning completely Azureus for a mod that only few are using? At least oink never banned AZ...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

Could you update it so that it doesn't disable quality members? That would be awesome.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-29-2007 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast