Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd [public apology & hatard note]

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    first of all, this is a public apology to all the 25 users that i invited over there. Since my account got disabled for inviting people over here...my whole invite tree has been disabled. Sorry guys

i tried to get more invites and it all started there

i did what i could, i pm'ed 2-3 mods (who were online) but within a min i my account was disabled...before i had a reply.

i tried to get help from IRC but

[22:03] *** now talking in #help
    [22:03] *** topic is If you need help, just mention the name of any staff in this room
    [22:03] *** set by Noah on Sun Oct 28 16:37:10 2007
    [22:03] *** Bitient sets channel #help mode +v Squirr3l
    [22:03] *** channel #help mode is +mnt
    [22:03] *** channel created at Mon Oct 15 15:03:45 2007
    [22:03] <+Squirr3l> hi
    [22:03] <+misledhope> ok well i was wondering if my entry on FLS can be editted
    [22:03] <+What> Hi, Squirr3l
    [22:03] <+misledhope> to include windows and general support
    [22:03] <+Squirr3l> why did i get disabled?
    [22:03] <+What> You were disabled because you posted invites on filesharingtalk.
    [22:03] <+Squirr3l> i just invited people over there
    [22:03] <+misledhope> rather than just uT
    [22:03] <+What> Your entire invite tree has been disabled.
    [22:03] <+Squirr3l> ohh fuck
    [22:04] <+Squirr3l> come on at least don't ban them
    [22:04] <+What> Three different people reported you.
    [22:05] <+misledhope> What.. are you the person to forward that request to now? or to whom with noah no longer in charge?
    [22:05] <~Noah> I'm not here anymore
    [22:05] <+What> Yes, you may forward your request to me. What is it?
    [22:05] *** Noah ([email protected]) left ()
    [22:05] <+Squirr3l> can u unban me please
    [22:05] <+Squirr3l> at least my invitees
    [22:06] *** DavidLeeRoth changed nick to MikaelAkerfeldt
    [22:06] <+misledhope> i was made FLS , but it says utorrent but i can offer Win Xp/ Vista uTorrent and General support just thought those should be added
    [22:06] <+What> We currently have no way of disabling invites - just accounts.
    [22:06] <+misledhope> thats the request can you edit it or get someone with access to ?
    [22:07] <+Squirr3l> can u not diable people whom i invited.
    [22:07] <+Squirr3l> most of them are good guys...better than me at least
    [22:07] *** bklynone ([email protected]) joined
    [22:07] *** Bitient sets channel #help mode +v bklynone
    [22:07] *** bklynone quit (Quit: bklynone)
    [22:08] <+dblaze> Squirr3l: i'm pretty sure that's gonna be a no. don't waste your time
    [22:08] <+What> thanks, dblaze
    [22:09] <+misledhope> that a yes to me what ? and why did noah step down. just to be hidden?
    [22:09] *** brtkrbzhnv quit (Quit: Leaving)

i hope you don't hate me for ruining it

and with that, it's a also a hatard note for the lamer here at FST who spyed me over here and reported. it had been a long time i hadn't been pissed off in bittorrent...but now

P.S. if you forgive please post, i am mad at myself ;( If not, still post...i perhaps can improve myself.

EDIT: pretty much these are the people i owe apology and few who PM'ed me. https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...tracker-244644...
    not all them were invited though.

Last edited by squirr3l; 10-29-2007 at 03:31 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    thejosher's Avatar I'm Josh! BT Rep: +4
    Um I like what.cd but that was pretty lame.

There were no guidelines on how to give out your invites other than don't sell them, and if you invite a cheater you'll lose your invites. They can't say you were breaking any rules.

If the staff are gonna ban users for unspoken rules that's not something I want to be a part of.

I completely understand if they don't want their invites given out on a public forum but this is something you should say FIRST and not after it's already been done then ban them for breaking a rule that doesn't exist!

That's just stupid.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    shame about your account and invites bud.. Guess giving out invites like they are candy is a bad idea though.
    Don't know who was watching you here but its a warning to others Give your invites to those you know and trust and don't just advertise to give them away and get rep points. Signups closed at 1500 people for a reason.
    Had just replied to your pm on site before hitting the irc chan too.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by thejosher View Post
    I completely understand if they don't want their invites given out on a public forum but this is something you should say FIRST and not after it's already been done then ban them for breaking a rule that doesn't exist!

That's just stupid.
    Hear Hear. Definitely just knocked a notch lower on my respect scale.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Yeah that is ridiculous, especially after only a couple days, to be this strict...
    People complained about OiNK being ban-happy, and OiNK didn't go this far with anything.
    I'm giving second thought to this tracker... if they continue on like this, the many members that are giving them edge over the other music sites are gonna be gone, and there wont me much left to it..

squirr3l, I don't think you should be apologizing, you didn't do anything wrong..

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    I think he was not banned because of invited,it was becasue of he invited 25 users it short time and he asked for more i forum..and for some users there in forum it was strange and reported him to the staff.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by misledhope View Post
    shame about your account and invites bud.. Guess giving out invites like they are candy is a bad idea though.
    Don't know who was watching you here but its a warning to others Give your invites to those you know and trust and don't just advertise to give them away and get rep points. Signups closed at 1500 people for a reason.
    Had just replied to your pm on site before hitting the irc chan too.
    i posted the link of the original giveaway thread. most of them are well known members here...and that makes me more shameful. btw, the guy who spyed can be found on the thread in their forum.

@thejosher and grim thanks for ur input.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    I think he was not banned because of invited,it was becasue of he invited 25 users it short time and he asked for more i forum..and for some users there in forum it was strange and reported him to the staff.
    pretty much yes, but y would they hand out 25 invites if i am not supposed to use them? as for the "short time".. i think have been here long enough to know whom to trust and whom not to...and i did not invite every user who asked for an invite.

and they would ban the whole invite tree without checking in here?
    Last edited by squirr3l; 10-29-2007 at 03:48 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thejosher's Avatar I'm Josh! BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumas View Post
    I invited 25 users in a short period of time on their IRC after asking for a ratio proof (as did tons of other users)

I'm not sure how this is any different.. does is matter if they do the ratio/email exchange via PM here or via msg on their IRC?

It's also not like they are super-secret or anything.. they even have an invite bot!

That makes no sense?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    OMG, don't worry about it squirr3l. What are ya going to do...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    lmao..they have an entire forum thread over this fight...its pretty funny if you ask me...just because three different people reported him doesnt mean he's done something bad...from that i can assume taht the staff cant make their own decisions.

and also, if my above statements are false...how come there is no special rule for inviting people? just cuz its FST doesnt mean its lame...lol....i got some of the invites to high level trackers from here...

lmao and j0hnd0e is also watching this thread
    Last edited by redcorvette; 10-29-2007 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast