Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 2000 Or Xp?

Your so full of shit...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@14 July 2003 - 18:00
    my specs: Athlon 1Ghz, 256mb

but i'm planning a upgrade
    On your current specs you should go with 2000 pro. The 1 ghz processor would work okay with xp, but it runs like crap on 256 mb ram. Even with 512 mb and an amd 2000+ xp runs slower than 2000 does on a system with specs near your's right now. The options and convenience of changing settings in xp is its main draw, it never claimed to run like lightning. Stick with 200 pro til you upgrade.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    ok to sum up

2000 - Faster but more complicated

XP - Slow but nicer interface and pretty colours

Both - Same capabilities?

is that right?
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    there isnt anything complicated about 2000, its set out basically the same as xp.
    well its probably the other way, xp is set out same as 2000.
    but 2000 will run faster, and use less space aswell. unlike 1gig xp instalations

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    2000 - I have a ton of software and games and all but one (made for 95/98) work fine on 2000. It's been my experience that anything that says Windows 98 works on 2000 even if it doesn't say it will work on 2000.

XP - Program Compatibility Wizard that is supposed to emulate Windows 98 or any other version of Windows. Apparently doesn't work very well because I keep seeing people on the net saying something that works fine on my Win 2k doesn't work on XP. Maybe they don't know about the Wizard? On the one XP machine I tried it was right there in bold on the start menu and was very simple to set up so I guess it just doesn't work very well.

Believe me, I tried XP Pro, the 2600 build. That cd burner built in sucked too. I was going to try to crack the activation but decided to not bother; it just wasn't as good as my Windows 2000 Pro on the other computer so I put 2k on both.

Both are very stable though, barring viruses (ah, just 2 words yet so much pain ) but I guess XP just has a fancier interface. Something I could live without myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12